Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff. While this beef stroganoff recipe is the classic preparation usually associated with the dish, there are all kinds of fun new twists and streamlined time-savers to be found in Betty's best beef stroganoff recipes, including Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff and One-Pot Beef Stroganoff. Classic Beef Stroganoff in a Slow Cooker. This ground-beef version of beef stroganoff calls for onions, tomato paste, mushrooms, and garlic.
Ground beef and fresh mushrooms are seasoned and simmered in a rich sour cream sauce. This stroganoff recipe is perfect served over rice or noodles! Beef Stroganoff or beef Stroganov (Russian: бефстроганов, tr. befstróganov) is a Russian dish of sautéed pieces of beef served in a sauce with smetana (sour cream). You can cook Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s to taste of Salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garlic poweder.
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced.
- It’s 8-10 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- You need 2 teaspoons of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 10.5 oz of can cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare Pinch of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare of Cooked egg noodles (whole wheat are best).
This delicious beef stroganoff recipe is made with lean beef, beef stock, sour cream, onion, and spices. Created using a simple skillet, this version still maintains all the classic flavors of the traditional dish. We recommend serving it with potatoes or over split buttered biscuits. Learn how to make a Beef Stroganoff Recipe!
Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff step by step
- Cook ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a skillet until no longer pink, drain set aside.
- In same skillet melt butter and saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic until mushrooms are browned and onions are translucent. Add garlic last so it won't burn..
- Sprinkle on flour a stir to cook flour for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze skillet with beef broth, add mushrooms soup, stir until combined..
- Add cooked beef back to skillet, stir in nutmeg, bring to a light boil and then simmer for 15 minutes while noodles cook..
- Check for last minute seasoning needs and stir in sour cream just before serving..
- Serve over whole wheat egg noodles.
This easy, ground beef stroganoff recipe is the best. Cooking both the beef and the sauce in the Crock Pot will result in tender meat and an optimal fusing of flavors. Beef stroganoff is the ultimate cold weather dinner. Usually, dishes this hearty take hours of simmering or braising, but not ours. Many stroganoff recipes call for tougher cuts of meats to be braised and simmered.