Best ground beef stroganoff!. The homemade sauce is made from scratch with fresh ingredients and it is the best ground beef stroganoff recipe I personally have ever come across. Ground beef recipes are a time-pressed cook's favorite go-to options for weeknight dinners. The fast-cooking, hearty protein is ready to go in just five to seven minutes.
Just like our favorite Chicken Stroganoff, this dish Loads of tender mushrooms add tons of flavor, while I most often use white mushrooms, portobello or cremini are a great addition as well. I always have hamburger on hand, and thank goodness for that, or this recipe would have never come to be. My husband's favorite meal is beef stroganoff, but the last time I went to make it I was completely out of the round steak I. You can have Best ground beef stroganoff! using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Best ground beef stroganoff!
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef, turkey or venison.
- Prepare 2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 8 oz of Mushrooms sliced.
- You need 2 cup of Beef broth.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of All-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- You need 2 cup of whatever noodles you want to use. I used elbow cause it was what I had.
- You need 1 cup of Sour cream.
- Prepare 4 cup of boiling water.
This is the absolute best ground beef stroganoff recipe that you can find. Quick and easy with minimal mess. We opted not to have the mushrooms ourselves. And yes – this ground beef stroganoff is the perfect one pot meal.
Best ground beef stroganoff! step by step
- Brown ground beef/turkey/venison, whichever you choose. Sauté onions, garlic and mushrooms. Do this all together in one large pan..
- Make your roux by melting 1/3 cup of butter in medium sauce pan. Once melted slowly whisk in 1/3 cup of flour adding a little at a time. Slowly add the 2 cups of beef broth continuing to whisk..
- Pour your roux in with your ground beef/turkey and onions, add salt and pepper and stir..
- Add your sour cream and stir. Put on low heat for 10 minutes..
- Bring your 4 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling add your 2 cups of noodles for approximately 10 minutes. I eat a few noodles (or make my wife eat a few) as I'm cooking to test their doneness. Once the noodles are how you like them strain them..
- This is totally optional. Add your noodles to your ground beef, onions, roux, sour cream mixture and mix it all up real good. Or just put the noodles on a plate and pour some stroganoff over it..
- Last but certainly not least. Enjoy the delicious Beef Stroganoff you've just poured your heart and soul into because YOU deserve it..
I love that there are less dishes to do, and I love how much flavor gets infused with the pasta when you cook it in broth and onion and even the ground beef drippings. The final dish is super flavorful and comforting – just like beef. This has to be the best Stroganoff on earth. This easy, ground beef stroganoff recipe is the best. That's why this ground beef stroganoff is a perfect choice.