Ground Beef Chili. This ground beef chili is melt-in-your-mouth tender, thick, and rich — and wonderful over rice or What You'll Need To Make Ground Beef Chili. Cook this beef chili low and slow. It's the long, lazy simmer that really sets this meaty chili apart.
I have always loved to cook, and I enjoy developing original recipes. This hearty beef and bean chili is a comforting dish that will warm you up on cold fall and winter days. Browned ground beef provides most of the protein, while vegetables, beans, tomatoes, and. You can cook Ground Beef Chili using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ground Beef Chili
- Prepare 3 lb of ground beef (I have made this with 2 lbs and it was enough for my family).
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium green bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 2 of celery ribs, chopped.
- Prepare 2 can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained (16 oz).
- It’s 1 can of tomato puree (29 oz).
- Prepare 1 jar of salsa (16 oz).
- You need 1 can of beef broth (10.5 oz).
- It’s 1 cup of (to 2 cups) water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of steak sauce (A1 or Heinz 57).
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of browning sauce, optional (I never put this in).
- You need 1 of Top with additional chopped onion, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, and oyster crackers if you'd like!.
Make delicious chili on your stove or in your slow cooker. This homemade ground beef chili, a delicious meal from scratch, is made with red kidney beans and green chile. Easy Ground Beef Chili is a hearty, winning meal for a crowd. Make this classic recipe with beans, tomatoes, peppers, and blend of spices.
Ground Beef Chili step by step
- In large pot (I always use my Dutch oven) brown ground beef with onion, green bell pepper and celery. Drain.
- Stir in all other ingredients, bring up to a boil, and then down to a simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered, or until desired thickness..
- Top with onion, cheese, sour cream, and oyster crackers if you'd like!.
- Got recipe from Taste of Home, Winning Recipes.
If you're looking to make a big batch of hearty ground beef chili, this is the recipe for you. We love chili and can't get enough of it – especially in the winter months. For our Best Ground Beef Chili recipe, we found that the key to getting tender, flavorful beef was to treat it like chuck. This easy beef chili with balck beans is the best chili recipe! Made with ground beef, beans, my Quick Beef Chili Recipe.