Ground Beef (or Turkey) Stuffed Bell Peppers. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and turkey sausage to the skillet and cook until the meat is no longer pink. Drain off the fat and set aside.
These stuffed peppers are made with green, yellow or red bell peppers and a deliciously seasoned ground beef and rice filling. Garlic and some dried basil add flavor to the simple tomato sauce. Use cheddar cheese or a pizza blend of shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese to top the stuffed peppers. You can cook Ground Beef (or Turkey) Stuffed Bell Peppers using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ground Beef (or Turkey) Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Beef/Turkey.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Uncooked Rice.
- You need 2/3 cup of Water.
- It’s 4 of Bell Peppers (color of your choice).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 1 dash of Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Basil, Crushed Red Pepper, Salt & Pepper..
- You need 1 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
Ground turkey seasoned with rosemary, thyme, and fennel is mixed with barbeque sauce and rice to make a filling for green bell peppers in this version of the classic dish. Bell peppers – The star of the show slash what gives this recipe its name! Any color bell pepper works great. Ground turkey – I used ground turkey in this recipe but any ground meat would work!
Ground Beef (or Turkey) Stuffed Bell Peppers step by step
- Preheat your oven to 350°F..
- Cut and remove the tops of the bell peppers. Set aside..
- Place your rice and water into a medium pot, bring to boil. Then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook about 20 minutes..
- Brown the beef (or turkey) & drain any grease..
- In a bowl mix together ground meat, rice, SOME tomato sauce, SOME cheese, and the rest of the ingredients. Then spoon mixture into the 4 bell peppers. Pour remaining tomato sauce on top of the stuffed peppers..
- Let cook in pre-heated oven for 1 hour. Add remaining cheese on top during the last 10 minutes of cooking..
You could do ground chicken or ground beef. And if you're vegetarian or vegan, you could use lentils, crumbled tempeh or tofu. Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stuffed bell peppers are a classic comfort food with rice, ground beef, a few savory seasonings, topped with tomato sauce.