Minty Spicy Kheema (ground beef ). This is a traditional style of making ground Beef in Goa. Red Chillies and Vinegar make the flavor distinctly Goan! Add tomato sauce and mix well.
I like it too, with chopped tomato, avocado and cilantro on top. Masala kheema can be eaten as a main course for lunch or dinner. Serve it over plain basmati rice or alongside daal (soup-like lentils). You can have Minty Spicy Kheema (ground beef ) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Minty Spicy Kheema (ground beef )
- You need 150 grams of beef kheema (ground beef).
- It’s 6 tbsp of Oil to fry.
- You need 4 of black olives, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Jalapenos or 3-4 green chillies , chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry basil.
- You need 1/3 cup of Mint leaves and Cillantro leaves , chopped. i used more mint leaves.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Salt (add or less as per your taste).
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of green chilly sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 of of lemon squeezed into juice.
The word Kheema means ground meat and it also means a spicy curry made with ground chicken often served with paav which are similar to hamburger buns/potato rolls. Kheema palak is ground chicken and spinach curry cooked with Indian spices. Sometimes, I also make spinach raita. But the last time I cooked spinach, I added some kheema to it.
Minty Spicy Kheema (ground beef ) step by step
- I used frozen meat, so had to defrost it first..
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the beef till the pink colour is gone. Then add salt and pepper and saute well.
- Now add chilly sauce and Soy sauce n saute. Then add basil, jalapenos (or green chillies ) and olives and saute.
- When the meat is almost fried add mint and cillantro leaves and saute till the meat is done..
- Finally add lemon juice n mix well. you may garnish with another set of chopped mint leaves. Your kheema is ready :).
- You can also use this recipe for other ground meat. Goes well with rice or breads :).
- One fine saturday Morning, i bought a kheema (though i cooked in the evening :D) .. i wanted to cook it myself in my own simple way. The way i can do it, simple, easy and tasty :p… i am no expert in cooking but i am definately making a good progress. If you try this recipe, lemme know, how good i'm ! Thanks a lot peeps , i dedicate this dish to all my friends here, who made me believe that, yes i can cook too.. Cheers !.
- Hadnt had beef for months, so this was, way too tasty lol.
Ground meat is called kheema, both in hindi and in telugu, and it is traditionally either goat or lamb meat. This ground beef curry recipe (aka kheema curry) actually reminds me of Jamie Oliver's curry vindaloo; sweet, savory, bright but without the fiery hot spices. Let's face it; making a traditional curry from scratch. While I contemplate my daily life choices, you should contemplate making this spicy ground beef and butternut squash dish. I really love the flavor and heat that freshly ground black pepper adds to a dish, but if you're not a fan of spicy food, then just halve the amount of black pepper that the recipe. bay leaves. ground beef. cilantro. cinnamon sticks.