Coney sauce or sloppy joes. Not Your Mama's Coney Sauce & Sloppy Joes. Take it to the next level! Coney islands are served often at fairs.
Cover frankfurters in cold water in a saucepan. Step away from the canned sauce and give these homemade sloppy joes a try! They're truly the best version of a childhood favorite! You can cook Coney sauce or sloppy joes using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coney sauce or sloppy joes
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef or ground venison.
- You need 1 can of tomato soup.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need Dash of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey bbq sauce or any bbq.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chili seasoning hot or mild.
The Sloppy Joes are finer if not browned and better for coney sauce. Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar, and brown. buns, garnished with relish, and or mustard if desired. My husband never likes my sloppy joes. We had his family over and I agreed to make sloppy joes.
Coney sauce or sloppy joes step by step
- Cook your ground beef or venison fully in sauce pan and drain any grease..
- Mix in everything the recipe calls for and simmer 5 minutes on low-medium heat..
I panicked knowing mine were not up to par so I typed into my iPad and picked this recipe. I had to add more worcestire and a bunch of hot sauce to tone down the sweetness. A sloppy joe is a sandwich consisting of ground beef or pork, onions, tomato sauce or ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, served on a hamburger bun. Homemade Sloppy Joes with BBQ sauce. Your favorite barbecue sauce (or my favorite , based on Sweet Baby Ray's) can be added instead of ketchup How to freeze Sloppy Joes for meal prep and last minute dinners: Easy meal prep, right here.