Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel. Swapping bread for baked sweet potatoes makes eating a Sloppy Joe so much healthier! This easy sweet potato recipe is gluten-free I love this sloppy joe version, a few of my other favorites are Mexican-style Stuffed Sweet Potato (Vegetarian), Italian-Style Stuffed Sweet Potato, and Cheesy. These Paleo sloppy joe sweet potatoes are classic comfort food made healthy!
Look for microwave-ready potatoes in the produce section. Spoon potato mixture in circle around edges of casserole. Top with the turkey mixture and sprinkle with the cheese while still hot. You can have Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel
- You need As needed of pumpernickel bread.
- It’s of Sloppy Joes—————.
- Prepare 1-1/2 pound of ground beef 75/25.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of yellow prepared mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Heinz Tomato Ketchup.
- You need 1/2 cup of loose packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need To taste of kosher salt.
- Prepare As needed of mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Potatoes——————–.
- Prepare 4 of medium potatoes.
- It’s As needed of oil to fry in.
- Prepare To taste of kosher salt.
- It’s of Cheese—————-.
- It’s To taste of your favorite cheeses.
Whip up these quick and easy Sloppy Joe Potatoes for dinner, and enjoy your favorite sandwich as a neat and tidy meal! Do you have a bunch of baby photos of your kids with spaghetti all over their faces and in their hair? Make the sloppy joes while the sweet potatoes are baking. Sauté the onions and bell peppers first, and then brown the meat.
Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel instructions
- Brown the ground beef with the spices.
- Slice the potatoes with the skin on it.
- Fry the potatoes.
- Add salt to the paper towel.
- Add the potatoes to the paper towel with the salt on it. Then add salt as needed..
- Add brown sugar.
- Add mustard, ketchup, and tomato paste..
- Mix well and simmer 10 minutes..
- Add mayonnaise to the bread and then the potatoes slices..
- Cover with sloppy joe mixture..
- Top with the six cheese blend. If you don't have it add whichever cheeses you like..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
You can keep the meat mixture warm while waiting for the sweet potatoes to finish baking. Serve them up by spooning the sloppy joe mixture over the halved sweet potatoes. Scrape out some of the flesh, creating a potato cup. Top off the potato skins with the Sloppy Joe mixture. This Crock Pot Sloppy Joe recipe is super easy, make ahead, freezer friendly, great for crowds all smothered in the best sauce!