Guava Jam. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Nut & Fruit Butters, Spreads, Jams, Jellies & More. Whether the guavas are courtesy of your mother's Pink Guava tree or the local market, I make this Easy Homemade Guava Jam on a weekly basis during the season.
Once the mixture turns brown and thick, turn off the stove and let your guava jam cool. Place the finished product in a clean jar and you are ready to munch on your sweet homemade guava jam. This process is also applicable to fleshy fruits like mangoes, strawberries, peaches, apples and others.. You can cook Guava Jam using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Guava Jam
- Prepare 1 kg of guavas ripe and soft.
- You need to taste of sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/8 tsp of yellow colour.
When the mixture is thick enough for a jam like consistency, switch off the flame and let it cool down at room temperature. Store this guava jam in seal tight containers or bottles. If you see any scum on top of the jar or the bottle, remove it. Enjoy the delicious guava jam with bread or as a topping with your favorite dessert.
Guava Jam step by step
- Wash the guavas.Cut the guava into small pieces. Add 5 cups of water and boil it in a pan. Small pieces will make the guava easier to cook..
- Boil it for 10 – 15 minutes, or until it becomes very soft and pulpy mash it nicely..
- Strain it through strainer to extract all the juice and pulp from cooked guavas. Straining will remove all seeds, skin and thread out of it..
- Measure the extract with a cup and take it in a container. I have extracted around 4 cups of guava pulp and juice.Add lemon juice and mix it nicely.For each cup of extracted mixture, I added 1 cup of sugar. So here, I have added 4 cups of sugar to extracted pulp juice mixture and yellow colour.
- Boil the mixture of guava juice pulp extract, lemon juice, sugar and yellow colour.
- Stir it continuously with ladle to avoid jam from hardening.Cook it for 40 – 45 minutes and bring it to rolling boil. Bringing your jam to rolling boil point means to boil it rapidly with bubbles all over and it doesn’t stop or slow when stirred.Once rolling boiling starts and if it seems like the drops of spatula are starting to become less drop-like. It is time to check if the jam is ready to set..
- Put the pan off the heat and drop little jam in ice cold water. If it sets and doesn’t dissolve in water, your jam is done. Remove the scum and pour it in dry clean bottle. Let it cool down completely and then only close the lid. Enjoy this tasty homemade guava jam with bread, bun, roti, paratha or chapatti..
- Note :- I use sugar according to pulp I extract from guavas. In this recipe I have extracted around 4 cups of guava pulp, so I have added 4 cups of sugar.Lemon juice – I added 1 tablespoon of lemon juice for each cup of guava pulp I extract. Here as I said, I have extracted 4 cups of guava pulp so I have added 4 tablespoon of lemon juice..
Guavas are rich in pectin that makes this fruit perfect to make jam and jellies. A hint of cinnamon can be added to this recipe by adding a cinnamon stick to the saucepan while cooking the guavas; remove it before making the guava puree. How is Cuban guava jam made? This recipe is perfectly made in a homemade and traditional way by cooking the fruit in water and sugar, until getting a mixture with the dark color that characterizes it. Later, we beat it so that the result is a very sweet and delicious homogeneous paste.