Thai Fish Curry Recipe – Wine & Dine with Jeff. Fillets of fish (any type, fresh or frozen) are simmered in a rich Thai curry sauce. The recipe includes optional vegetables for a healthy one-pot dish. If you like, you can also add shrimp or other.
Add squash, chilies, stock and remaining coconut milk. Today I show you how to make a delicious homemade Thai fish curry. This Thai fish curry recipe has been in my family for generations. You can cook Thai Fish Curry Recipe – Wine & Dine with Jeff using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Fish Curry Recipe – Wine & Dine with Jeff
- You need 4 (6 oz) of pieces of haddock fish fillet (you can also use Cod and Halibut).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shallots diced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of finely graded ginger.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of red curry paste.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of coconut milk (full of fat).
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 of lemon grass stock pounded out cut in half.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of cilantro.
- You need 3 of scallions diced green parts only.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lime.
This Thai red curry recipe is so easy to make at home! It's much tastier than takeout and healthier, too. Feel free to change up the vegetables (you'll need Wonderful recipe, very authentic! No need to visit the Thai restaurant when you can make this so easily at home!
Thai Fish Curry Recipe – Wine & Dine with Jeff instructions
- Add your shallots, garlic and ginger to your saute pan with the grapeseed oil on medium heat saute for 3 minutes do not brown mixture. This is a one pan dish use a pan large enough to hold all the liquids..
- Incorporate the curry paste with the sauteed vegetables and saute for one minute..
- Stir in your wet ingredients coconut milk and chicken stock once incorporated add the brown sugar and fish sauce and simmer for 8 minutes the sauce will reduce about 1/2 cup..
- Cut root and stem off lemon grass and remove outer layers with mallet pound out lemongrass add to the sauce. After cooking remove lemon grass from sauce..
- Salt the fish fillets add them to the red curry sauce and place a lid on and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish. Very important note the sauce should not be on a rolling boil just a slight simmer for poaching the fish..
- In the last minute of cooking add the lime juice, cilantro and scallions to the sauce..
- Serve the Thai red curry fish on your favorite rice or saute some fresh spinach with garlic and olive oil and serve on top of the spinach..
I did use thai fish sauce instead of. Totally authentic restaurant quality Thai Red Curry Sauce. This was so simple but so delicious. Kaffir and Galanga can be found in Asian grocers. Kaffir, which has a similar taste to lime, gives a heavenly flavor that is definitely Thai.