Stewed Ham. I got this hamburger stew recipe from a woman at our church, Lois Henry, when I needed a way to use up our bounty of home-canned tomatoes. Stewed ham – deliciously delicious, tender, juicy and healthy dish, which does not take you a lot of time to cook. It can be served on the table with any side dish, herbs and fresh vegetables.
You only need five ingredients to fix this thick and flavorful stew. It's so easy to make and always a favorite with my family. I top bowls of it with a sprinkling of shredded cheese. You can have Stewed Ham using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stewed Ham
- You need of Stew.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dijon mustard.
- You need 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of soya sauce.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 of medium green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of shallot.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of watermelon.
- It’s of Ham.
- Prepare 2 pounds of smoked ham.
- It’s of Pasta.
- It’s 4 ounces of lasagna pasta.
- You need As needed of water to boil pasta.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of salt for boiling pasta.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to boil pasta.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter to fry pasta.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of soya sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar.
Explore Stewed Ham's (@stewed_ham) posts on Pholder See more posts from u/stewed_ham about Weird Wheels, Aviation and Carporn. This hamburger Steak is oven baked instead of stewing in a pot. Hamburger Soup is a quick and easy meal loaded with vegetables, lean beef, diced tomatoes and potatoes.
Stewed Ham instructions
- Boil the pasta as instructed on the package. Drain and cool in the freezer or fridge..
- Slice the watermelon, bell pepper and shallot. Mix the stew ingredients together and add to a pan. Turn on the heat..
- Slice the ham. When the stew mixture is heated, add the ham slices. Coat the entire surface of each piece of ham..
- Turn as needed and stew in the mixture for 15 minutes. Cover and remove from heat. Let rest 12 minutes before serving..
- Melt the tablespoon soya sauce and butter in the pan. As the ham rest, cut the pasta in wide strips and fry in vinegar, butter/soya sauce mixture..
- Let pasta absorb some of the flavors. The stewed ham is done. Serve, together. I hope you enjoy!!!.
It's also one of my favoite freezer soup recipes! This is the perfect dish to make when it's cold outside. I made this glorious hamburger soup yesterday for three very important reasons: One, it was so ding. Instant Pot Hamburger Soup is a comforting classic ground beef stew made with simple ingredients. This pressure cooker hamburger soup is a family favorite!