Cheesy ham & potatoes. This made from scratch Cheesy Ham and Potato Chowder is thick and creamy and the perfect way to breathe new life into your leftover ham. This recipe is one of my family's favorites. The ham chowder is chock-full of potatoes, ham and carrots.
This is easy to adapt with other ingredients. I don't put celery in mine. I have added garlic sometimes as well. You can cook Cheesy ham & potatoes using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy ham & potatoes
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of sm yellow onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 packages of cooked ham steaks.
- It’s 3 tbs of AP flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 1/2 c of milk.
- Prepare to taste of Kosher salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 bag of little potatoes (i used the littlepotatocompany).
- It’s 1 cup (1/2 bag) of your fav shredded cheese.
- You need of Optional: crushed red pepper.
This easy and cheesy potato soup is made with ham. If you are looking for a recipe to use up your leftover holiday ham, make this Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup. All Reviews for Cheesy Ham and Corn Chowder. Cinnamon was not a good addition to this chowder.
Cheesy ham & potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. In med saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions & let cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes. While that is cooking, chop ham into small pieces..
- Sprinkle flour & paprika & let cook, stirring occasionally. While whisking, add milk. Bring to a simmer & whisk until thick. Stir in ham, salt, pepper & Italian seasoning..
- Cut potatoes in half, spread across a 8×8 or 9×9 pan. Sprinkle salt & pepper over potatoes. Spoon sauce over potatoes. *Optional: sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes.*.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Put aluminum foil over pan & let cook for 40 min (to really get potatoes soft). Then remove aluminum foil & let cook 25 minutes. Let cool..
May try it again with a plain ham steak in future. Cheesy ham casserole combines diced ham, with tender pasta in a creamy homemade cheese sauce. Casseroles are really the perfect winter food. They actually warm you This one is based on that classic combo, ham and cheese. It starts with some diced ham (which.