Ham, Broccoli, Gouda Cheese Soup. Stir ham and milk into the stock pot and allow the soup to return to a simmer. Slowly sprinkle the flour mixture into the soup, stirring constantly to prevent clumps. Stir in broccoli and Cheddar cheese.
The only carbs are in the milk, and the little bit of flour! And it's so easy to throw together! I just steam the broccoli in the microwave, and then chop it, and the ham. You can have Ham, Broccoli, Gouda Cheese Soup using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ham, Broccoli, Gouda Cheese Soup
- You need 4 ounces of Gouda cheese.
- It’s 1 stick of butter divided.
- Prepare 1 pound of broccoli.
- It’s 15 ounces of canned evaporated milk.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 pound of smoked ham.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of tarragon.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dill weed plus more for garnish.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
Cheese goes with everything, especially in these recipes for cheese soup, including French onion soup, potato cheese soup, cream cheese soup, vegetable cheese soup, cheese chowder and more. Broccoli Cheese Soup With Velveeta In Crock Pot Recipes. Serve this thick, hearty broccoli soup up in toasted bread bowls and even broccoli haters will rejoice; throw in some cubed, cooked ham at the end for Plus, it's super easy to add ham at the very end, so it's a beaut for starting out as vegetarian and then adding meat just for the carnivores. An easy broccoli cheese soup recipe the whole family loves.
Ham, Broccoli, Gouda Cheese Soup instructions
- Steam the broccoli. Cube the ham and fry it in a deep pan, with the black pepper, 2 tablespoons of butter, and tarragon..
- Grate the gouda. Melt the butter with the ham add the seasonings except for some of the dill for garnish..
- When butter is melted add the milk and cheese. Stir till the cheese is creamy don't boil or your soup may break and become grainy. Stir in the broccoli. Mix the flour and water and stir in till it is as thick as you like. Garnish and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Broccoli Cheese Soup makes one of those soup recipes that I crave, especially during cooler weather and on bitterly cold days like today. Whenever possible, I love to dice a little bit of leftover cooked ham to toss it into my broccoli cheese. Smoked paprika and smoked Gouda give this broccoli-and-cheese soup recipe a double hit of smoky flavor. If you can't find smoked Gouda, smoked Cheddar gives delicious results as well. No need to go out to a well known bread company, this copycat broccoli cheddar soup is incredibly smooth, rich, and full of great broccoli cheese flavors!