Beans Ham and Potatoes Christmas 2019. Now add cut ham pieces potatoes and green beans to the broth in a large pot and gently boil until beans & potatoes are tender. Which ever you choose don't forget the country Dijon! If you like the texture of green beans more on the soft side than tender crisp, cook the green beans for a few minutes before adding potatoes.
Instant Pot Ham Green Beans And Potatoes is a classic Southern side dish or one-pot meal, often slow cooked in a crockpot with a ham hock, but this short cut method uses chopped ham in an Instant Pot pressure cooker. It is a great way to use leftover ham from Easter or Thanksgiving. Browned potatoes are a simple but perfect side for country ham. You can cook Beans Ham and Potatoes Christmas 2019 using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beans Ham and Potatoes Christmas 2019
- Prepare 1 pound of white new potatoes.
- You need 1 pound of red new potatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- It’s 1/3 pound of smoked ham.
- You need 1-1/3 pound of green beans.
- It’s 1-1/3 pound of pole beans.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 pint of chicken broth.
Not only do the potatoes pick up the flavor of the ham, but they look beautiful! Just add veggies or a salad and dinner's done. —Helen Bridges, Washington, Virginia The Best Ham Green Beans Potatoes Recipes on Yummly Ham And Green Beans Country Bread, Og Fusilli Pesto With Green Beans And Potatoes, Beef Steak Rolls With Green Beans. Sign Up / Log In My Feed Articles Meal Planner New Pantry-Ready Recipes New Browse Yummly Pro Guided Recipes New Smart Thermometer.
Beans Ham and Potatoes Christmas 2019 instructions
- Wash the vegetables. Break the stem ends off the beans. Pull the strings if necessary. Break/ snap the beans into pieces. Cut the potatoes into eighths..
- Dice the onion and ham. Sweat the onions with the ham..
- Now add seasoned salt. Add the beans and potatoes. Stir mixing everything together..
- Add chicken broth, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil covered. Let it steam/boil the vegetables. Check after 20 minutes. Should be reduced by half on the broth. The vegetables should be ready. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid. Stir in onion, broth, water and seasonings. Remove meat from bones when cool enough to handle; cut ham into small pieces and return to slow cooker. Dice the ham, green beans, onion and potatoes. You can also use Steak Spice in yours.