Ham and Cheese Potato Balls. In a bowl, combine the potatoes, ham, cheese, mayonnaise, egg, mustard and pepper. Add enough of the flour to make a stiff mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet.
Air Fry with Me Los Angeles, California. Last Christmas I served a honeybaked ham for our holiday feast. I also fixed a lot of delicious (but filling) side dishes like Cheesy Potatoes, Corn Casserole and One Hour Dinner Rolls so we ended up with a ton of leftover ham. You can have Ham and Cheese Potato Balls using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ham and Cheese Potato Balls
- You need 3/4 cup of mashed potato.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of milk depending on the consistency of mash potato.
- It’s 1/3 cup of cheddar or Mexican blend cheese.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of finely diced ham.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped pickled jalapeno or to taste.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of egg beaten.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Japanese Panko.
We were over the ham sandwiches after eating them for a couple of meals, so I was determined to find something totally different. * Scoop a tbsp of mashed potato and form a flat circle.in your palm *Insert a piece of ham and cheese then form the mashes potato into a ball *Dip each ball in flour then egg and lastly coat each . These potato cheese balls are crispy, with gooey melted cheese in the middle, easy to prepare, healthy and really addictive. They can be also be made from leftover mashed potatoes but I preferred boiling the potatoes with their skin-on for this recipe only. This is a step you can do ahead of time, even a day in advance.
Ham and Cheese Potato Balls step by step
- Mixed all the ingredients together, except for egg, flour and Japanese Panko. Divide them into equal portions and form them into balls. Place the balls on a small baking sheet and cover saran wrap. Refrigerate for at least one hour..
- Line the fryer basket with grill mat or a sheet of lightly greased aluminum foil..
- When ready to use, roll the potato balls in flour, dip them in beaten egg, and dredge them in Panko. Then, put them in the fryer basket..
- Spray some oil onto the potato balls and air fry at 380F (190C) for 6-8 minutes, flip or shake basket once in between. Spray some more oil onto the potato balls and continue to air fry until the surface is crisp and golden brown..
Peel only before going further with the recipe. How to Make Mashed Potato Balls. To make mashed potato balls, first add a few ingredients to the leftover mashed potatoes. I love the combination of bacon bits, cheddar cheese and chopped parsley. Mix the leftover mashed potato with all the ingredients together and then shape them into bite-sized balls.