Eggplant rolls filled with ham & cheese. Use bacon and cheddar cheese for a more intense flavor. Fry the eggplant slices, let them cool at room temperature and then fill with ham and cheese. Best Video Recipes Eggplant rolls filled with ham & cheese Themis Themis Greece.
Spoon the remaining tomato sauce over the rolls. Cover the baking dish with a lid or aluminum foil. Carefully roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. You can have Eggplant rolls filled with ham & cheese using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant rolls filled with ham & cheese
- It’s of For the rolls.
- Prepare 2 of eggplants.
- It’s 3 slices of swiss cheese.
- You need 3 slices of ham.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- Prepare 150 ml of tomatoes sauce.
- It’s of Fresh basil.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 cloves of garlic.
While the eggplant rolls are baking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Serve eggplant rolls and sauce over pasta. In a large casserole pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add celery and carrots and season with salt and pepper.
Eggplant rolls filled with ham & cheese step by step
- Shimmer the garlic for some minute in medium fire then add the oil, the sauce, the salt and the basil and let it cook for 30 minutes in low fire..
- Slice the eggplants in thin slices and bake them or grill them either in the oven or in a grill pan till they will become soft..
- When the eggplants are cold enough slice a small piece of cheese and ham for every slice and make a roll with them inside,(4 rolls need 1 slice of ham and cheese). Close the roll with a toothpick at the end of each one..
- Put them in a Lurex and with a spoon put the sauce above each roll and add if you like some parmesan..
- Bake them in a preheated oven of around 160 degrees for 20 minutes..
The eggplant is sliced into strips that are salted well to draw out excess moisture. Then the strips are baked until tender and noodle-like and rolled into tasty little cheese-filled bundles. Best of all, this hearty dish only requires five ingredients plus a few everyday pantry items to make. Serve Eggplant Rollups as a meatless main dish Drain eggplant on paper towel if fried. Next, place a slice of ham/prosciutto on top of the cheese, if using, and then roll.