Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread. I think the beans and cornbread are perfect on their own, but if you want to pep things up a bit, it's fun to have little bowls of accoutrements such as chopped onions, grated Monterey. ; Ham and Beans. This is a must make with leftover ham, says recipe submitter STEPHNDON. Great Northern beans are slowly simmered with ham, onion, and seasonings to create this family favorite recipe.
I heard the owner of the farm I No complaints from Meathead, in fact he's starting to expect a big bowl of country green beans every weekend, with cornbread to soak up all the 'pot likker'. Welcome to another week of What's for Dinner! Hope you find some inspiration here! You can cook Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread
- Prepare 1 of smoked Ham (or just use a ham steak).
- Prepare of Fresh Green Beans (as many as you want).
- You need of Red potatoes (not too many).
- You need 1 pack of smoked bacon (reserve the grease).
- It’s 1 stick of butter (cut up).
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of chicken bouillon cubes (crushed).
- You need of Water (I used 2 bottled waters).
- It’s of Garlic salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white sugar.
- You need of Cornbread.
This includes: Ham & Beans, cornbread, & fried potatoes Cheesy Potato. I love homemade ham & green beans with potatoes, served with a skillet of cornbread and sweet tea! For this recipe, I took two "soul-food" recipes I had and combined them to come up with this one. It's just the way I like it.
Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread instructions
- Go through your beans and cut off the ends and cut them the way you like then soak them in water.
- Cut up your ham the way you like your pieces reserving any you don't use including the bone in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.
- Set your oven to 400 degrees and place the whole pack of bacon on a baking sheet Cook it anywhere from 15-20 minutes depending on your oven and depending on the cut of the bacon.
- When done place bacon to drain and reserve the grease then start making your corn bread and put it in the oven (that is another recipe).
- Wash and scrub your potatoes and leave them whole or cut up if too big.
- Cut up onion and garlic and set aside and cut your bacon into tiny pieces for later.
- Pour the water out from your beans and add to the pot then add bacon grease and stir to coat them well with the grease.
- Then add your water, chicken bouillon cubes, onion, garlic, garlic salt, pepper and sugar to the pot.
- Then put in your ham and stir then add potatoes and butter then lock it up and set for 30 minutes on pressure cook.
- When done add bacon pieces and stir ENJOY 😋💋💗.
- Don't forget to take your corn bread out of the oven !! 😝.
- Cooks note* If you don't like your ham cooked anymore than it already is in the package then don't add it until the beans and potatoes are done then set to pressure cook for 3 minutes with the beans and potatoes after all a smoked ham is already cooked.
You can adjust the amounts of ingredients to your own taste. Poem: Cornbread, Potatoes, And Navy Beans poem by Charles Hancock. He sat at the stoplight with his five o clock shadowShe came in through the bathroom windowwas coming from the speakers of his rusted Camero. SLOW-COOKER: Dice the ham, green beans, onion, and potatoes. Beans and cornbread has its origins in the south- specifically in the Appalachian mountains.