Ham and Bean Soup. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Discover hundreds of ways to save on your favorite products. Ham and White Bean Soup I came up with this recipe when I wanted to make dinner in the slow cooker but didn't have time to go to the grocery store.
Made with a ham bone, dried white beans, chopped carrots, celery, onions, and garlic, chicken stock, and fresh thyme, this recipe takes minutes to assemble in a slow cooker. Then it simmers all day, producing a rich and flavorful soup with hardly any effort. Loaded with cannellini or navy bean with tender leftover ham in every bite! You can cook Ham and Bean Soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ham and Bean Soup
- You need 1 lb of ham rough chopped.
- It’s 1 lb of dried great northern beans.
- You need 1 gallon of homemade ham stock.
- You need 1 cup of finely chopped carrots.
- It’s 1 cup of finely chopped celery.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Organic No-Salt Seasoning (Costco brand).
Ham and Bean Soup recipe is a fast and filling delicious weeknight dinner that smells heavenly. Slow Cooker Maple and Beer Braised ham is perfect for holiday meals. The beer and maple syrup with a hint of cloves add amazing flavor to this ham. I prefer to use a bone-in ham as the bone gives the ham superior flavor and is perfect for leftovers in my Ham and Bean soup.
Ham and Bean Soup instructions
- Soak the beans overnight in cold water..
- Finely chop the carrots and celery into pieces no larger than a 1/4 inch. They should be about the same size as the beans..
- Rough chop ham into about one inch chunks. Combine all ingredients and simmer for at least 4 hours until the beans are tender..
- Once the beans are tender and the broth has started to become a bit cloudy from the beans starting to breakdown use the back of a ladle and mash a few times. This will add a slightly thicker creamier texture, an immersion blender can be used too. Serve with biscuits or cornbread..
Ham and Bean Soup – a homestyle, hearty and delicious soup that couldn't be easier to make! It requires minimal ingredients including a leftover ham bone, dry beans, some veggies, herbs and broth and the slow cooker does just about all of the work. Ham and Bean Soup is one of our all-time favorite foods to come home to on a chilly day. This "no-soaking required" Ham and Bean soup takes just minutes to prepare and cooks effortlessly in your Crock Pot all day long! This easy recipe is hearty and delicious, the perfect way to use up any leftover ham and a great way to feed a crowd!.