Broccoli and Ham Soup. I love cheesy potato soup but since I'm diabetic now, I can't have the carbs. This is a wonderful alternative and GREAT for diabetics! The only carbs are in the milk, and the little bit of flour!
Stir ham and milk into the stock pot and allow the soup to return to a simmer. Slowly sprinkle the flour mixture into the soup, stirring constantly to prevent clumps. Stir in broccoli and Cheddar cheese. You can have Broccoli and Ham Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Ham Soup
- It’s 14 ounces of coconut milk.
- Prepare 12 ounces of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of diced smoked ham.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 pound of broccoli.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Broccoli and ham potato soup is a little different from the one I usually make but we enjoyed it just as much. You could replace the ham with just about any meat in this recipe. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! Fill the pan with water to just cover the potatoes.
Broccoli and Ham Soup instructions
- Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes. Dice the ham and move to a pot turn on heat to render the fat. Shred the cheese..
- Chop the broccoli. When the ham is rendered add the broth. Add the broccoli to the ham and stir in..
- Add the milks. When it begins to simmer stir in the sharp cheddar cheese. When it's incorporated in well add the sour cream and stir in well..
- After it simmers for 4 minutes cover and remove from heat. Let rest 10 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Garnish with cheddar cheese and bacon bits for a delicious, hearty meal. I found this recipe in an old Amish cookbook a while back. Combine the soup, cheese and milk; spoon over broccoli. View top rated Broccoli and ham soup recipes with ratings and reviews. Broccoli Soup with Ham and SwissTable and a Chair.