Rum Jerked Ham. Combine the glaze ingredients in a bowl. Now remove ham from oven and pour glaze over entire ham. We would like to suggest you, copy or bookmark the below shared tags that will help you find jamie s christmas jerk ham.
Smear this mixture all over and let it drip down the sides of the ham. Spoon the juices off the bottom of the tray and back over the ham. Jamie Oliver's Jerk Ham, Rubbed with Spices and Glazed with Rum-Spiked Marmalade. You can have Rum Jerked Ham using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rum Jerked Ham
- It’s of For the dry rub:.
- Prepare 2 tbs of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of Ham with bone.
- Prepare of For the glaze:.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of molasses.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rum.
- You need 1 cup of pineape juice.
For the glaze, squeeze the orange juice into a bowl and mix with the rum and marmalade. All you have to do is mix and spoon! In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, including the remaining rum. Pour the marinade over the ham and work in with your hands, so some of it goes into the incisions we made.
Rum Jerked Ham step by step
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together..
- Rub it all over ham. You may have some left over rub, depending upon the size of your ham..
- Place ham in a baking dish and seal tightly with foil..
- Now heat the oven to 400 degrees allowing for a few minutes for the rub sit in the ham..
- Cook ham for 1 1/2 to 2 hours..
- Make the glaze when you are at the 1 hour mark..
- In a sauce pan add all of the glaze ingredients..
- Stir constantly on medium heat until the sauce starts to boil..
- Once sauce starts to boil, reduce heat ro low and continue to stir until sauce reduces some (about 10 to 15 minutes)..
- Remove glaze from heat..
- Now remove ham from oven and pour glaze over entire ham..
- Bake ham uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes..
- Remove ham from oven (should resemble picture) and let sit for 5 to 10 minites before serving..
- Delicious when served with Garlic Parmsean Scalloped Potatoes. Recipe to follow…..
- Enjoy :).
Wash your hands immediately after with soap and water as there's scotch bonnet pepper in there. The Best Spiced Rum Glaze For Ham Recipes on Yummly Eggnog Bread With Rum Glaze., Eggnog Bread With Rum Glaze., Eggnog Cake With Rum Glaze.. A Rum Ham is a ham that has been steeped and injected with a rum brine, and coated with a rum glaze. Being a big fan of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia , I wanted to make a rum ham after seeing Frank Reynolds' floating away from the Jersey Shore.