Roasted Rice, Peas, and Ham. One Pot Cheesy Ham & Rice Skillet. My Mom and I made an outrageous amount of ham and sides this holiday because we didn't know who was all coming. In a skillet, cook onion in hot oil until translucent.
Stir in water, Rice Mix and ham. Add the frozen peas and ham, then add the broth. Cover and turn heat down to low. You can have Roasted Rice, Peas, and Ham using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Rice, Peas, and Ham
- It’s 1-1/2 pound of smoked ham I used Smithfield.
- Prepare 2 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
- You need 1 cup of frozen English peas.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground sage.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and mushrooms until tender. Stir in ham, pepper, broth and water; bring to a boil. This creamed ham is delicious on grits or rice, or serve it over toast, hot split biscuits, or baked puff pastry shells. Feel free to use peas and carrots in place of the peas, or add a little chopped pimiento for extra flavor and color.
Roasted Rice, Peas, and Ham step by step
- Render the fat off the skin and fat..
- Cube some of the ham remove the skin and unrendered fat. Add the diced ham..
- Cook the ham till done and add the rice stirring the rice to coat with the drippings..
- When the rice is good and coated it will pick up all the bits off the bottom it will look like this..
- Add the peas and mix in..
- Add the water. This is the important step. Make sure the rice is off the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil..
- Add to the oven, covered for 20 minutes check at 15 to make sure there is liquids in it. When taken out of the oven keep covered for 15 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy.
Add white onion, chopped ham, peas and carrots and fry until tender. Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.. I use a rice maker and usually make a big batch of rice and use it for other recipes during.