Chocolate Hazelnut Dessert Egg rolls. Fold in the sides and stick using the egg. Roll until fully closed and stick using the egg. Repeat this until all of your chocolate hazelnut filling is finished.
Chocolate Hazelnut Dessert Egg rolls These are a great after school snack and anytime you have a craving for chocolate. They are crispy, and so good with coffee or a cold glass of milk. These Nutella rolls are delightful and soft, and every bite brings you warm and flavorful chocolate cream that will make you want more. You can have Chocolate Hazelnut Dessert Egg rolls using 6 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Hazelnut Dessert Egg rolls
- Prepare 1 packages of egg roll wrappers (can use wonton wrappers for smaller rolls).
- Prepare 1 of jar Nutella chocolate spread.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped hazelnuts ( can use any nut you like).
- Prepare 1 of powdered sugar to sprinkle on top (optional).
- It’s 1 of oil for deep frying or deep skillet to pan fry..
- Prepare 1 of water to seal edges.
Sharing our favorite sweet rolls today! These Chocolate Hazelnut Sweet Rolls make the perfect surprise for your family and friends. Swirls of Nutella in every sweet bite. Sweet Rolls There's something so special about making homemade rolls.
Chocolate Hazelnut Dessert Egg rolls step by step
- Take egg roll or wonton wrapper and place in a diamond shape..
- Take 2 tablespoons of the hazelnut spread and place across middle of wrapper leaving room on the sides to roll. Use less if using wonton wrappers since they are smaller..
- Sprinkle some of the chopped nuts onto the chocolate spread. I use a food processor to finely chop my hazelnuts, but chopped is fine also..
- Take the corner closest to you and fold over just past the chocolate and nuts..
- Fold over each side to meet in the middle to seal and hold mixture inside wrapper. Like a burrito..
- Making sure edges are secure, continue tightly rolling towards the top of the wrapper..
- When almost to the top, leave a edge and dip your fingers in the water and dab around the edge of the top on inside edge..
- Continue to roll to seal the wrapper. The water will act as a glue to hold roll together..
- Heat the oil to 375 while preparing the rolls. When oil is heated, cook a few at a time. This does not take long to brown. Just a few minutes. If pan frying, place sealed flap down in pan first to keep sealed. Do not over crowd..
- Flip over if pan frying when golden brown on both sides. If deep frying, it should brown all at once, you may have to flip if needed. Do not over crowd, just cook a few at a time not to over crowd..
- When golden brown, remove from oil and drain on paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Can use baking rack also..
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar while hot or after cooled, this step is optional. I just like it..
- I took picture of both egg roll and wonton rolls to show the size difference. Bite size or full size, both are great!.
Especially in the winter, when it's oh-so cold outside and you just want to get cozy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool slightly. Transfer egg rolls to a platter and drizzle with melted white. I tried other healthy brand variations of chocolate hazelnut spreads and I liked them, but they never had the Nutella ummpphhh. So long story short, I buy Nutella once or twice a year, indulge and then forget about it.