Grilled Avocado Bombs.
You can cook Grilled Avocado Bombs using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Avocado Bombs
- You need 3 of avocados.
- It’s 3 of chunks of cheese (your choice I used cheddar).
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 15 strips of bacon.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of BBQ sauce.
- Prepare of Soaked wood chips for smoking.
Grilled Avocado Bombs step by step
- Half the avocados and remove the pits and skins. I found the best way to get the flesh out of the skin in one pice is to use a large spoon..
- Chunk your cheese so the pice fits into the avocado's pit hole. Put the halves back together with the cheese inside..
- Season your ground beef, I used salt and pepper. Portion into thirds..
- Lay out the beef in a thin patty. Lay the avocado down and fully wrap it in the beef. It takes a little work and a soft touch, but eventually you have a sealed meatball..
- Wrap the bacon around the ball in alternating directions. I used about 5 strips per ball don't use too much because the inner bacon will stay soggy. We want the bacon to crisp up..
- Set your grill for indirect heat ******very important**** if you have fire under your balls it will flair up. There is a lot of grease coming off these so be careful..
- Add your wood chips smoking for about 35min about 300 degrees.
- After about 35 min brush on the BBQ sauce every 10min or so until done..