Kunafeh with nuts. Kunafeh with nuts A quick and easy way to make kunafeh. Flip the knafeh onto a larger plate really quick. Top with simple syrup (atter) and some more of the nut mixture for garnish.
Kanafeh (Arabic: كُنافة , [kʊˈnaːfa] (), Levantine:) (also numerous alternative spellings) is a traditional Middle Eastern dessert made with thin noodle-like pastry, or alternatively fine semolina dough, soaked in sweet, sugar-based syrup, and typically layered with cheese, or with other ingredients such as clotted cream or nuts, depending on the region. In a bowel, shred the Kunafa pastry in to small pieces, then melt butter and add to the pastry. Use your fingers to rub the pastry well with butter till it's all soaked up. You can have Kunafeh with nuts using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kunafeh with nuts
- It’s of For kunafeh mix:.
- Prepare 500 gram of ready Kunafa dough.
- It’s 100 g of unsalted melted butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of powder sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of grape molasses or honey.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of liquid yellow food colouring (optional).
- You need of For the filling:.
- It’s 250 grams of Nuts roasted and crushed coarse (almond -pistcshios -hazelnuts).
- Prepare 50 g of seedless raisins.
- It’s 50 g of fine grated coconut.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- You need of For the syrup:.
- You need 2 cups of white sugar.
- You need 11/2 cups of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s of For serving:.
- It’s of Coarse grinded pistachios.
- Prepare of ice cream with your favorite flavor.
- It’s of Requirements: suitable oven try with diameter of 30 cm greased with little butter.
Knafeh is a Middle Eastern dessert most often eaten in the Levant area of the Middle East, the countries of Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, and Syria. It is also known as Kanafeh and Künefe. The ingredients are simple with a cheese filling and a crunchy topping of shredded phyllo often flavored with orange blossom water, and rose water, with a. In Lebanon, you can find kunafeh filled with ashta, a floral-scented clotted cream, while in Palestine the knafeh is stuffed with local brined nablusi cheese instead.
Kunafeh with nuts step by step
- To prepare the syrup: In a saucepan over a medium heat, melt the sugar and water and let it boil for 7 minutes, then add the lemon juice and boil for another 3 minutes, then remove of the fire and let it cool completely..
- Keep Kunafa dough in a wide tray and then cut it to small chunks by scissors..
- Add food coloring to melted butter then pitched over Kunafa dough and then add the powdered sugar and grape molasses and mix well until homogeneous..
- Spread half kunafeh dough in the oven tray and press it by hand and level the surface..
- Mix the filling ingredients together and then spread it over the first layer of Kunafa and press by hand , then cover with the second half of Kunafa dough and press by hand and level the surface ..
- Place the tray in the oven at a temperature of 180 C on the middle shelf and heat from the top and bottom for the duration of 25-30 minutes until cooked and golden ..
- Pour the cool syrup on kunafeh and let it cool for 20 min. before serving with pistachios and icecream..
Some regions make a thick semolina pudding to fill the phyllo layers, while others include nuts for added crunch. Take the knafeh out of the oven and immediately spoon the simple syrup evenly over it. The syrup will bubble initially so be careful. There is quite a lot of syrup. Kunafeh is an epitome of a dessert that is extremely crunchy on the outside and on the inside it has gooey cheese that will melt in your mouth.