almond toffee. Check Out Almond Toffee Recipe On eBay. Fill a pot with butter, sugar and salt. In a large heavy saucepan, melt remaining butter.
This recipe moves quickly, so be sure to have all of the ingredients and tools ready before you begin cooking. Enstrom's world famous almond toffee is the perfect combinaton of buttercrunch flavor and rich chocolate. Choose from a variety of almond toffee products. You can cook almond toffee using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of almond toffee
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of (8 oz,or 2 sticks) salted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of roasted almonds, finely chopped (or pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts; pretty much any roasted nut will be tasty on toffee).
World Famous Almond Toffee Chet Enstrom's commitment to creating premium quality confections using the finest, freshest ingredients is still practiced today. Our toffee is skillfully blended with select California almonds, fresh sweet cream butter, and all-natural cane sugar. If you are looking for something to send your clients or family over the holidays, Enstrom toffee will be something that isn't tossed in the garbage (yes I toss many sweets in the garbage. If you're not sold yet, the best part of this almond butter toffee is that it's ridiculously easy to make.
almond toffee instructions
- 1. Line a half-sheet pan (18 x 13) with a silpat or parchment paper..
- 2. Combine the butter, sugar, water and vanilla in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan (a stainless steel pan is useful here for the even heat distribution). Cook over medium heat until it begins to boil.
- 3. Let the sugar boil and bubble away, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Cook it until a candy thermometer registers 300 F, called the hard crack stage. You can also test it by dropping some of the toffee into a cup of ice water- if it is brittle, it’s ready. Don’t rush it by turning the heat to high because it will burn easily (mine took about 20 minutes on medium-low heat). It should be thick and the color of peanut butter. Immediately pour the toffee onto the prepared baking sheet..
- 4. Cool the toffee for about 2 minutes, then sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Let sit for 3-5 minutes until the chocolate is melted, then spread into an even layer on top of the toffee..
- 5. Top the melted chocolate with the finely chopped roasted almonds. Lightly press the almonds into the chocolate so they will stick.
- 6. Let the chocolate set up before breaking the toffee into pieces.
This gets dumped on a non-stick surface to cool. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Vern's all-natural homemade toffee is the perfect gift for every occasion: birthdays, anniversaries, housewarmings, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and of course the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. The Almond Toffee is filled with crunchy almond bits and then dunked in even more nutty goodness.