Grilled Citrus herb shrimp. This quick and tasty recipe for Citrus Herb Grilled Shrimp is a simple, yet flavorful meal that's great for entertaining. It can be served as an appetizer or entree and is always a crowd pleaser. This post has been sponsored by Vinho Verde Wines.
Remove the shrimp from the marinade; season with salt. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Grill the shrimp over moderately high heat, turning once, until just white throughout, about Recipe Notes. You can have Grilled Citrus herb shrimp using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Citrus herb shrimp
- Prepare 1-2 of lbs. Raw shrimp.
- Prepare 1 T of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1 T of fresh rosemary.
- You need 1 T of fresh cilantro.
- It’s 1 T of fresh basil.
- You need 1 T of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1-2 T of orange zest.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- Prepare 3 T of honey.
- Prepare 3-5 cloves of garlic.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of Skewers.
Cut all of the ingredients in half and grill just one pound of shrimp. Grilled Shrimp with Citrus Marinade is a quick and easy appetizer or light dinner. However, these are so amazingly delicious, if you don't have a garden, then do splurge and buy a bunch of all the herbs. And get the extra large shrimp so they can grill longer and get maximum.
Grilled Citrus herb shrimp step by step
- Mix all ingredients together except shrimp..
- Devine and take shells off shrimp..
- Put shrimp in a bag and marinade with sauce for 1-3 hours. No longer since marinade has citrus it will start to cook the shrimp..
- While marinading shrimp let the skewers soak, if using wooden skewers. (if using metal skip this step.).
- Take shrimp out of fridge and put about 5 or 6 shrimp on each skewer..
- Grill about 3-5 mintues on each side, or until shrimp turns pink..
- Enjoy over rice, in a tortilla, or simply right off the skewer..
Grilled Garlic & Herb Shrimp Chef John. View Recipe this link opens in a new tab "Chopped basil, parsley, oregano, and thyme are ground in a mortar and pestle with garlic, lemon zest, and olive oil. Tcasa says, "This was one of the best grilled shrimp recipes I've ever made! I made the shrimp pretty close to what was written using fresh herbs. The herbed citrus marinade for this grilled shrimp and grilled scallop combination was amazing.