Pan Seared Chicken with Mushroom & Herb Sauce. This Pan Seared Chicken with Mushrooms has a wonderful pan sauce that has lots of mushrooms all sautéed, simmered and ready to be devoured in minutes. Seasoning the chicken, pan searing, and then making the sauce and those chicken thighs go back in to coat and plate up. Then all you have to do is plate the chicken, pour the amazing mushroom sauce on top of the chicken and the dish is complete!
But the other day I just had this idea of a wild mushroom sauce and the chicken cooking in it. So pan seared chicken it is. You can actually get some good flavor action going on with a nice pan sear. You can cook Pan Seared Chicken with Mushroom & Herb Sauce using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pan Seared Chicken with Mushroom & Herb Sauce
- Prepare 2 of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- You need 8 oz of Package of Mushrooms (I used White Button).
- You need 1 of Small Yellow Onion Diced.
- Prepare 3 of Garlic Cloves Minced.
- It’s 2 Cups of Chicken Broth (Low Sodium preferably).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Fresh Thyme Leaves Chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley Chopped.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Butter.
- It’s to Taste of Salt & Pepper.
Return the bacon to the skillet and add the chicken broth. Remix the cornstarch slurry and stir into the mushroom mixture. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet and turn to coat. Once your chicken is perfectly seared, remove to a plate and a cover with foil while you make the pan sauce.
Pan Seared Chicken with Mushroom & Herb Sauce step by step
- Start by prepping all your ingredients and heating a large skillet over medium heat..
- Salt and Pepper your chicken on both sides..
- Once pan is hot add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Give the pan a swirl to coat and then add your chicken..
- Sear chicken on both sides until golden brown (about 5 minutes per side.) Don't worry if your chicken isn't cooked all the way. It's going to finish cooking in the sauce later. Once brown on both sides remove chicken from pan and set aside..
- Turn heat down to medium low..
- Next add the tablespoon of butter along with the onions. With a wooden spatula stir and scrape the brown bit from bottom of pan. Let this cook down until the onions are soft and just starting to turn golden. Stir in the garlic and let this cook for just another minute or two..
- Once the garlic starts to soften then stir in your mushrooms and herbs. Then add the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer..
- Place your chicken back in pan and cook at a simmer for about 30 minutes partially covered. Sauce should reduce and chicken should be cooked through. *NOTE Chicken is done at 165 degrees Fahrenheit..
- I served this up with a simple side of roasted asparagus..
- Any leftovers make for a great chicken and rice dish (I'll be sharing that later on.).
HOW TO MAKE MUSHROOM PAN SAUCE: Reduce heat to medium. Add the butter to the skillet. Salt can stop your mushrooms from reaching their full browness potential 🙂 This mushroom chicken is pan seared chicken breasts topped with creamy mushroom sauce and bacon. An easy dinner that tastes like it came from a restaurant! If you like mushrooms, you'll go crazy over this chicken with mushroom sauce!