Lemon and Herb Grilled Chicken. Place the chicken thighs in a wide flat dish so they are in. The flavors were all very subdued but thanks to the extra lemon there was a nice lemon kick in every bit. Place chicken, skin side up, on grill rack coated with cooking spray.
This post has been sponsored by NatureRaised Farms and Sam's Club. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible! That saves lots of points for side dishes! You can cook Lemon and Herb Grilled Chicken using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon and Herb Grilled Chicken
- You need 2 of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh Thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh Rosemary.
- You need 1 tsp of Fresh Tarragon.
- You need 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic (grated).
- You need of Zest of 1 lemon.
- You need of Juice of half a lemon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Water.
- It’s of Chopped Parley to garnish.
Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow bowl. For marinade, in a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, lemon peel, thyme, rosemary, crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. When I want to make great-tasting, classic grilled chicken that I know everyone will love—chicken that I can use in any number of ways—I make this lemon herb marinade.
Lemon and Herb Grilled Chicken step by step
- Place chicken in a ziploc bag. Chop all the herbs very fine. Grate your garlic. Zest and juice your lemon. Mix all ingredients well and add to the chicken in the bag. Set in fridge for 1 hour to marinate..
- When ready to cook. Remove marinated chicken from fridge. Take chicken out of bag and let it come to room temp (about 20 minutes.) Preheat grill to medium high..
- Grill about 15 minutes on each side (times can vary depending on how big your your pieces of chicken are.) Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and fresh parsley..
It truly is my go-to recipe for grilled chicken. The combination of method (pounding the breasts and highest heat grilling) plus using lemon zest instead of juice to marinate is pure genius and transforms bland boneless, skinless chicken breasts into the most flavorful and moist grilled chicken ever. In a large bowl, combine rosemary, oregano, vinegar, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly with two wooden spoons, turning chicken until it's completely coated by herbs and other ingredients. Juicy lemon herb chicken breasts are the perfect easy protein and perfect for quick cooking.