Hickory, Apple, and Herb Roasted Pork Loin. This pork loin is flavored with herbs and served with spiced apple chutney. While the pork roasts, make the Apple Chutney: Combine the apples, onion, ginger, pomegranate juice, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard seeds, pepper flakes, star anise, and salt in a large saucepan. Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin is flavorful, simple, and elegant main dish that works just as well for a weeknight dinner as it is for special dinner guests.
Aren't Pork Loin and Pork Tenderloin the Same Thing? Chances are you know all about pork tenderloin. Feed a crowd with Food Network Kitchen's Roast Pork Loin with Apples recipe. You can have Hickory, Apple, and Herb Roasted Pork Loin using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hickory, Apple, and Herb Roasted Pork Loin
- Prepare 2 lb of Pork Loin Roast.
- Prepare 2 cup of Apple Juice.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cup of Chicken Stock.
- You need 1 of TS Hickory.
- You need 1 of White Onion halved to use as “roast rack”.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 of sage leaves.
- Prepare of To make RUB ⬇️.
- You need 1 TB of Italian Seasoning.
- You need 1 TB of Thyme.
- Prepare 1 TB of Rosemary.
- Prepare 1/2 TB of Onion Powder and dehydrated Onion.
- It’s 1/2 TB of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 TB of parsley flakes.
- You need 1/2 TB of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 TB of salt.
Arrange the apples and vegetables on a serving platter and set aside. Remove and discard the herb sprigs. This roast pork loin and potatoes is a snap to prepare. Serve with a vegetable side dish and your favorite Reviews for: Photos of Herb Roasted Pork Loin and Potatoes.
Hickory, Apple, and Herb Roasted Pork Loin step by step
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl, rub on pork loin.
- I skipped this next step due to crying children, and in a hurry, but next time doing it this way so the Pork fat is crispy on the bottom* ⬇.
- Heat a large sauté pan, and add about 1/2 cup of oil (I use vegetable oil). Once oil is hot, sear your pork loin on all sides (to a brown, I would have done the bottom fat a little longer so it was crispier).
- In a casserole dish or roasting pan, arrange onions on bottom as your “rack”, with the loin fat down on the 4 halves. Add your apple juice, chicken stock and hickory (mixed), bay leaves and sage..
- Cover with foil, heat covered in oven at 325* for 15 minutes per LB. ****so since mine was 2.5 AND I didn’t pre-sear I had mine in for about 45-50 minutes***.
- I let mine rest for about 5 minutes after the oven..
- Slice to liking.
- I kept my juice to use as a dipper, seriously made the meal! Had I had some corn starch or the patience to make a roux, I would have thickened it up a bit 😂.
- Serve with whatever sides! Total meal cost, $6 out of pocket!.
- *** Have leftovers? MAKE A SANDWICH!!! *** I made a pork loin sandwich on a bakery roll with horseradish mustard, mayo, onion, Muenster, tomato, onion and arugula, no pics but it was AWESOME!.
Costco's Porktober pork loin sale will run Monday the Recipe Rundown Taste: The herb and apple pork loin has such a wonderful combination of savory fall flavors. I love making this slow cooker pork roast with apples for chilly fall Remove pork and apple mixture; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan. I gave this four stars because upon reading the recipe I felt it would be somewhat bland without a few herbs. HERB-APPLE PORK ROAST recipe: Try this HERB-APPLE PORK ROAST recipe, or contribute your own.