Savory Herb Fried Chicken. Looking for recipes from world-class chefs that will impress family, friends or guests? The Inspired Home is the choice for all your recipe needs. Looking For Yummy Fried Chicken Recipe?
The best Buttermilk Fried Chicken recipe! Brined chicken with fresh herbs, buttermilk and seasonings makes for a crispy, flavorful southern fried chicken. This Buttermilk Fried Chicken recipe is the best I've ever made at home. You can cook Savory Herb Fried Chicken using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Savory Herb Fried Chicken
- You need 6-8 pieces of chicken thighs and/or legs.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need 2 Tbsp of mayo.
- You need 1 c. of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of bread crumbs.
- You need 1 Tbsp of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of fresh or dried parsley.
- It’s 2 tsp. of dried minced onion.
- You need 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of all pupose seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of paprika.
- Prepare of TIP: you can + more salt to taste, taste your flour mixture, I like mine on the salty side.
- It’s 1/2 c. of oil (or enough to cover bottom).
In fact, after making it, I vowed to never make any other. Make sure you PIN Buttermilk Fried. The brine in this recipe is composed of water, salt, brown sugar, summer savory (which is my favorite herb, but thyme can be substituted in a pinch) and granulated garlic. To make it, simply combine half of the water, the salt, sugar and seasonings and cook just until sugar and salt dissolve.
Savory Herb Fried Chicken step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F & heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Beat egg in medium bowl. Add mayo and beat together..
- Combine flour, breadcrumbs and seasonings in a wide plate or bowl..
- Cover each chicken piece in egg mixture then generously coat in flour mixture..
- When oil is hot (test with a bit of flour mixture, it should sizzle) place coated chicken in the pan and fry starting with the larger pieces first..
- Turning each piece often, fry chicken evenly for 10- 15 minutes. Outside should be golden brown & inside moslty cooked..
- Line a large baking dish with foil and place chicken on pan..
- Bake for about 10 minutes to finish chicken. Should be crispy amd fully done inside. ENJOY!.
- TIP: to help the chicken cook through you can cover the pan periodically. Not too much that the coating gets soggy..
The chicken was perfectly tender, juicy and the meat in the thigh was not pink. Sides dishes to serve with a Whole Baked Chicken. Our Savory Herb Roasted Whole Chicken is almost like a complete meal all by itself but it is nice with a salad on the side like our Autumn Kale Salad, Festive Autumn Salad or our Nutty Ginger Tamari Quinoa Salad. Cook to order Filipino style fried chicken or glazed chicken served with our special gravy. Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry.