Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder. This made from scratch Cheesy Ham and Potato Chowder is thick and creamy and the perfect way to breathe new life into your leftover ham. The ham and cheese gets added just before serving. The cheddar cheese is what really makes this soup as delicious as it is.
On a bbq or stovetop smoker over moderately low heat, gently smoke mushrooms until just cooked through. Set aside to add to finished chowder. The ham chowder is chock-full of potatoes, ham and carrots. You can cook Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder
- You need 4 oz of bacon.
- You need 2 of diced, celery.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of hominy.
- Prepare 1 lb of cubed, ham.
- Prepare 2 of peppers, different colors.
- Prepare 2 of serranos.
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of savory.
- It’s 1 of herb de provence.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of seasoning salt.
- Prepare 1/2 quart of half and half.
- It’s 1 cup of instant potatoes.
I like to make this comforting ham potato corn chowder at least once or twice a month during the Add the potatoes, corn, bouillon and pepper. Here, the sweet corn available year-round from the freezer pairs with a handy pantry staple in canned hominy, which is made from a different kind of corn. The ham chowder is chock-full of potatoes, ham and carrots. I like to make this comforting ham potato corn chowder at least once or twice a month during the fall and winter.
Spicy Ham and Hominy Chowder step by step
- Dice and cook bacon until slightly crisp, drain off most of the grease.
- Add celery and onion, saute a couple of minutes and then add the peppers and serranos.
- Once all of the vegetables are 2/3 cooked had the ham, the broth, drained hominy and seasonings. Make sure the liguid covers the other ingredients. If it does not add more broth or water..
- Once hot, add the half and half, and the instant potatoes. Depending upon the brand adjust the amount of instant potatoes..
Spicy Crock Pot Cheesy Hamburger Dip ~ The BEST Cheese Dip Made in Your Slow Cooker! "I find the taste of hominy addictive. I always keep a few cans in my pantry. One day I decided to include it in this fast and flavorful soup. Canned hominy is cooked in a spicy blend of jalapeno peppers, onion, garlic, and tomatoes in this versatile dish. Serve it as a side dish or with eggs for a hearty breakfast.