Mexican Chicken Stew.
You can have Mexican Chicken Stew using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Chicken Stew
- Prepare 4 cups of low sodium organic chicken broth.
- It’s 1.5 lbs of boneless skinless organic chicken tenders.
- Prepare 2 of medium yellow onions.
- It’s 1 of large green bell pepper.
- It’s 2 of Tblsp minced garlic.
- It’s 2 of Tblsp chili powder.
- It’s 1 of Tblsp Turkish cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 2 of Tblsp cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 of dried japonés.
- You need 2 of dried árbol peppers.
- It’s 1 (14.5 ounce) of can diced tomatoes no salt added.
- You need 1 (14.5 ounce) of can Mexican style hominy.
- It’s 2 of medium gold potatos.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 3 of Tblsp olive oil divided.
- You need 1 of Tblsp cornstarch.
- It’s 1 pinch of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Mexican Chicken Stew instructions
- In a large bowl, add chicken broth and wisk in cornstarch..
- Clean potatoes and poke with a fork..
- Microwave potatoes on high for 6 minutes. Remove and cut into cubes..
- Chop onions and bell peppers..
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes and season with cumin powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper..
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large stock pot..
- Add chicken and cook until browned on the edges, but still pink inside. Remove from pan and set aside..
- Add remaining oil and sauté onions and bell peppers for five minutes..
- Add remaining spices, garlic, peppers and sauté for an additional 2 minutes..
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes..