You can cook Pozole Rojo using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pozole Rojo
- You need of soaked peppers.
- You need 6 of Guajillo Peppers.
- You need 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- You need of cabbage, lettuce, cilantro and/or peppers – optional.
- You need of main.
- You need 1/4 cup of lard.
- You need 5 lb of Pork Butt Shoulder.
- It’s 2 of red onions chopped.
- It’s of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mexican Oregano.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- You need 1 of tbls heaping beef bullion.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of number 10 can of white hominy.
Pozole Rojo step by step
- Cut of the stems of the dried peppers. Place in microwave with vinegar and water. Set on high for 4 minutes. Place ingredients into a blender and liquify. Add more water if necessary..
- Cut pork into 1 to 2 inch cubes. Heat lard in a heavy bottom pot or dutch oven. Brown pork and add onions..
- Add blended peppers, seasonings and water to cover the pork by 2 inches. Brink to a slow boil. Reduce heat to a very low simmer and cook for 5 to 6 hrs until the pork is very tender..
- Add drained hominy and cook for another hour. Add more water if needed..
- Place cabbage or lettuce, cilantro and diced peppers in a bowl if desired. Pour stew on top..