You can have Posole Verde using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Posole Verde
- You need 5 lb of pork butt.
- It’s 2 can of 36.5oz Hominy.
- Prepare 1 lb of tomatillos.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It’s 3 of Poblanos.
- You need 3 of jalapeños (more or less depending on how spicy you want it).
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro.
- It’s of oregano.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of sliced radish (optional).
- It’s 1 of shredded lettuce or cabbage (optional).
- You need 1 of tostadas (optional).
- Prepare 1 of sour cream (optional).
Posole Verde step by step
- Remove paper and wash tomatillos, they are a bit sticky. Toss the peppers and tomatillos in oil. Line a baking sheet with foil. Put the tomatillos, peppers, whole onion paper left on and garlic cloves paper left on on the baking sheet. Place in a 250°F oven and let roast until veggies are soft. Onion will not be completely soft all the way through but that's OK..
- While the veggies are roasting, wash the pork and cut into bite sized pieces making sure to get most of the fat off. Place in a large stock pot and season with salt, pepper and oregano. Let that cook stirring occasionally..
- When the veggies are done, which they should be by the time you get done with the pork let them cool until you can handle them. Peel the skin of all the peppers the best you can and remove the paper from the onion and garlic..
- Place all the veggies or as many as you can fit into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add all but about a cup of the cilantro and blend more..
- Add enough water(or broth of choice) to cover the pork by about 3 inches. Add the puree from the food processor. Stir well and add some more salt to taste..
- Cook down until it is a bit thicker. All the flavors should be prominent by now. Add more salt if needed..
- Spread sour cream in tostadas and garnish with radish, cilantro and lettuce, serve and enjoy!.