Chicken Tomato Soup.
You can have Chicken Tomato Soup using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tomato Soup
- It’s 28 oz of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 can of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 can of chicken broth.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts (medium/large).
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- It’s 1 can of white hominy.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro.
- You need 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese.
Chicken Tomato Soup instructions
- Heat up pot on stove. (Medium/low heat) Pour in 1 tablespoon of of olive oil.
- Season chicken breasts with salt/pepper to taste and cook in pot.
- When chicken is cooked, take out of pot and shred the chicken with 2 forks, or cut into small cubes..
- Mince/roughly chop up garlic. Add the chicken back into the same pot as before, and add the chopped garlic in with the chicken..
- (If you dont have fresh garlic, you can add garlic powder in later).
- Add in the 28 ounces of tomato sauce. Stir..
- Add in 1/2 can of tomato paste. Stir..
- Add in the can of chicken broth and 2 cups of water.
- Add in the chili powder, oregano, smoked paprika, onion powder, and 2 tsp. garlic powder (if you didnt add in fresh garlic in before, or, if you just really like garlic).
- Drain the beans and hominy and add into the pot..
- Add in the 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Chop up the fresh cilantro and add into the pot. If you dont have fresh cilantro you can add 1 tablespoon of dried cilantro to substitute. (It will look like a lot but thats okay).
- Taste. Add salt and pepper as needed..
- Enjoy! (Cooking time and servings are rough estimates).