You can cook Hj's Posole using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hj's Posole
- Prepare of Seasoning mix.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Dry Thyme leaves.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Red chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chili pepper flakes (optional).
- You need of Vegetable mix.
- It’s 1 cup of Celery. Chopped.
- Prepare 1 medium of Yellow onion. Chopped.
- Prepare 1 medium of Bell pepper. Chopped.
- Prepare of Remaining ingredients.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Margarine or Butter.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Keilbasa sausage, cut into 1/2 inch rounds..
- Prepare 3/4 lb of Boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Garlic. Chopped.
- You need 2 cup of Your favorite spaghetti sauce..
- Prepare 2 of 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth, as needed.
- It’s 1 can of White hominy, drained.
- You need 1 can of Black beans, drained.
- You need of Toppings.
- It’s 1 of Sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of Monterey Jack cheese.
- It’s 10 of Thick flour tortillas.
Hj's Posole instructions
- Combine ingredients for seasoning mix and set aside..
- In separate bowl, combine vegetable mix and set aside..
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven (preferably heavy and not non-stick), melt the butter over medium heat..
- Add Keilbasa; sautee until pieces bargain to brown, about 3 minutes. Add chicken and sautee 5 minutes longer..
- Add seasoning mix, vegetable mix and garlic, sautee until vegetables start to soften, about 10 minutes..
- Add the spaghetti sauce, 1cup of the chicken broth, hominy and black beans; cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes (start with 1 cup of chicken broth and add more during simmering if mixture seems too thick)..
- To serve, remove bay leaves, ladle into large bowls, top with a dollop of sour cream, sprinkle with cheese and serve with flour tortillas. Also good over rice..