Bean and Beef Chili.
You can have Bean and Beef Chili using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bean and Beef Chili
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- Prepare 1 can of pinto beans.
- Prepare 1 can of kidney beans.
- It’s 1 can of hominy.
- Prepare 2 of Roma tomatoes (diced).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion (diced).
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cilantro.
Bean and Beef Chili step by step
- Rinse the beans and hominy. Place in a stock pot. Add tomatoes..
- Add six cups of water to the beans..
- In a separate bowl, mix: chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, pepper..
- Add the spices to the beans. Cook on medium heat..
- In a separate pan: cook the beef..
- When the beef is half way cooked, add red onions, cilantro and the garlic..
- When the onions have softened, add the beef mixture to the beans..
- Cover. Let simmer for at least two hours. Stir occasionally..