Cheesy chicken enchiladas.
You can cook Cheesy chicken enchiladas using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy chicken enchiladas
- It’s 5 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 of bell pepper.
- You need 1 of white onion.
- It’s 1 can of MILD ROTEL TOMATOES.
- Prepare 1 can of YELLOW HOMINY.
- It’s 6 pieces of cooked bacon.
- Prepare 1 packages of LIPTION SPANISH RICE.
- You need 1 of brick of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 can of ENCHILADA SAUCE.
- It’s 1 cup of SHREDDED MEXICAN CHEESE.
- You need 8 of large TORTILLAS.
Cheesy chicken enchiladas step by step
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut chicken breasts into smaller pieces so they cook faster. put chicken breasts into a deep skillet with about a ¼” of water in the bottom of the pan. cover and cook on medium heat until cooked through..
- While chicken is cooking, make the spanish rice following the directions on the package. leave on the stove on lo heat to cook all the liquid out of it.
- Cut the peppers and onions into ¼” pieces.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Open the can of hominy, rinse and drain.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, remove from pan and let cool. rinse the pan and place back on the stove. place the onions, peppers, hominy, bacon, and tomatoes in the pan and let simmer..
- Once the chicken has cooled, pull into small pieces and add to the pan.
- Add the rice to the pan.
- Add the cream cheese (i like to keep it in the freezer before i start so i can cut it into strips so it melts easier).
- Add 1 handful of shredded mexican cheese and stir everything thouroughly.
- Take a large baking or roasting pan and line with foil. divide the mixture into 8 servings and wrap each serving with the tortillas. place enchiladas into the pan and drizzle with enchilada sauce and sprinkle shredded cheese on the top.
- Bake for 15-20 min, or until the enchiladas start to brown and get crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve.