Bacon Mac and Cheese. Add to sauce with bacon; mix lightly. This was my first time making any type of baked Mac and Cheese, and it came out great. Rave reviews from the hubby and kids.
This bacon mac and cheese is so simple to make, and it only uses one pan which is always a good thing! Tyler makes the ultimate kid-friendly dish, macaroni and cheese with bacon. Bacon Mac and Cheese is a marriage made in heaven, for sure! You can cook Bacon Mac and Cheese using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon Mac and Cheese
- Prepare 4 strips of bacon.
- You need 3 cups of cooked macaroni.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt or to taste.
- You need 1/3 cup of shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
There is something about the smokiness of the bacon that compliments the creaminess of How about loving a GREAT mac and cheese? That is exactly what is going to happen when you make this Bacon Mac and Cheese recipe! Mac and cheese may seem straightforward, but in an all-star mac, each component is carefully considered and intentionally chosen to build This Creamy Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon is an excellent, extra-indulgent recipe to keep in your rotation—it's sure to please a family or a crowd. Bacon Mac & Cheese Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
Bacon Mac and Cheese instructions
- Cook bacon in air fryer 400F (200C) for about 8 minutes. Let cool on a paper towel to soak up excess fat. Then, roughly chop the bacon..
- In the meantime, in a small pot, melt the butter on the stove-top. Add flour into the pot and stir until the color turned slightly tan. Pour in the milk and bring it to boil then turn the stove off. Add in the salt, onion powder, and cheese. Keep stirring until the cheese melts..
- Lightly grease a cake barrel and set aside..
- Add the cooked pasta and chopped bacon to the pot and mix. Then, transfer the mixture to the cake barrel. Air fry the macaroni and cheese at 400F (200C) for 6-7 minutes until cheese is melted and the surface looks golden brown..
Add milk and cheeses to pan; cook and stir until blended. Stir in the onion powder, chili powder, salt, pepper and pepper sauce. This bacon three-cheese macaroni and cheese recipe with buttery sourdough croutons, crispy bacon, and garlicky onions cooked in a combo of butter, bacon Looking for something simpler? Try one of our amazing recipes below. Or if, you're feeling kinda crazy, check out some of crazier mac & cheese.