Honey Sesame Tofu.
You can cook Honey Sesame Tofu using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Honey Sesame Tofu
- It’s 1 box of firm tofu about 1 pound or 500g.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of honey.
- You need 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of rice vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of sesame seeds for garnish or to taste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of scallions for garish or to taste.
Honey Sesame Tofu instructions
- Wrap the tofu in cheese cloth. Place a heavy pan on top for about 30 minutes..
- Then, place the tofu in the freezer for at least 6 hours..
- Remove the tofu from the freezer and use the defrost function of the microwave for about 10 minutes. After that, repeat step one to squeeze out excess water..
- In the meantime, take a large bowl to mix and combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, sesame oil and garlic. Scoop about 1/2 cup of the marinade and set aside..
- Use hands to break the tofu into bite size pieces and put them inside the large bowl containing the marinade. Stir and let the tofu marinate for at least 30 minutes..
- Line the fryer basket with grill mat or sheet of lightly greased aluminum foil..
- Put the tofu pieces inside the fryer basket without stacking and air fry at 400F (200C) for 14-16 minutes, stir once in the middle, until the edges of tofu looks a bit caramelized..
- While air frying, use a wok or a frying pan to bring the sauce to boil. Stir constantly until the sauce thickens..