Fried Cabbage & Bacon.
You can cook Fried Cabbage & Bacon using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried Cabbage & Bacon
- It’s 1 Head of Cabbage.
- You need 6-8 Slices of if thick cut bacon.
- Prepare Half of Stick Butter.
- It’s of Few Cloves Garlic.
- It’s of Onion Powder.
- It’s of Garlic Salt.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Chicken Stock.
Fried Cabbage & Bacon step by step
- Core your cabbage and slice it up. Put in a strainer or colander or whatever and wash it. Let it drain for a bit..
- Start cooking down the bacon with the garlic. You don’t have to incinerate it. You’re just trying to get the fat out of it to pan fry the cabbage..
- When you’ve got the fat rendered out of the bacon, throw the cabbage in and season it well. (I go a little heavier than usual on the salt because it’s going to steam afterwards). Throw the butter on top of the cabbage and cover with lid. When the butter has melted, stir it up and continue to fry until it’s got some colour. Add about a half cup of stock, cover and steam until evaporated and fork tender. If it’s not fork tender, (it can have a little crunch) add more stock and keep steaming..
- When liquid is evaporated and cabbage is tender, heat it with some high heat, mixing with tongs frequently. It’ll give it the last bit of colour to bring it home..