Philly Cheese steak w/ garlic horseradish mayo. Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich with Garlic Mayo "This is a delicious and easy sandwich that. I marinated the meat in some olive oil and steak Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich with Garlic Mayo. This. with marinated portobello mushrooms, roasted red bell peppers, smoked.
Once all the searing was done I added in a little bit of mayo, provolone cheese, garlic powder and then some horseradish for a little kick. For a traditional Philly-style cheesesteak, cheez-whiz is used, but at many restaurants NOT in Philly, provolone is the most common cheese. Use some tongs to mix the cheese into the meat mixture, slather your hoagie buns with the horseradish sauce or plain mayo, fill with meat mixture. You can cook Philly Cheese steak w/ garlic horseradish mayo using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Philly Cheese steak w/ garlic horseradish mayo
- It’s 2 lb of sirloin roast.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 of green pepper.
- You need 1/2 packages of mushrooms.
- It’s 4 loaf of steak rolls.
- You need 1 packages of provolone.
- It’s 1 cup of mayonaise.
- You need 1 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of horseradish.
- It’s 1 tbsp of steak seasoning.
- Prepare 2 oz of olive oil.
Philly cheese steak wrapped in a flaky crust and bake to perfection! this is the perfect weeknight family dinner. Strombolis are an all time classic comfort. I HAD to make a Philly cheese steak Stromboli because we live in Philly now and it would be a shame not to! These Philly cheese steak sandwiches are so easy to make at home – the meat is super tender and, most importantly, they're ultra cheesy!
Philly Cheese steak w/ garlic horseradish mayo instructions
- Slice beef very thin. approx 1-2 inch strips (can ask meat department at grocery store to slice or put meat in freezer for about an hour and will be easier to slice).
- Slice onions and peppers in to strips. (mushrooms can be added as well).
- mix mayo, garlic and horseradish in bowl and place in fridge until meal is ready. Also makes a great dip for fries. (increase amount of ingredients if necessary).
- In a large pan or skillet add liberal amount of olive oil and bring to medium heat..
- Add sliced meat to pan approx 1/2 lb at a time. Season with steak seasoning. Should cook somewhat quickly as it is very thin. Be sure to stir meat so it cooks evenly..
- Have a plate with paper towels to put your meat when cooking is complete. This will pull out some of that grease/oil..
- In another pan heat oil on medium. Add onions and peppers. If using mushrooms add after onions and peppers have started to sweat and smell fragrant. (about two minutes) Remember mushrooms cook much faster than onions and peppers..
- Cook onions and peppers until they are soft. For me the softer the better. Use your own judgement as to how well you want them cooked. When finished remove from heat and set pan asides..
- Now I like to put melt my cheese in the oven on Warm. Add meat to any oven safe dish. (small casserol dish) Place generous amount of provolone all over top of meat. Place in oven on Warm until cheese is melted. About 2-4 minutes..
- Remove meat from oven. Use spatula to place meat on Steak rolls. Add onions and green peppers on top. Generously spread your garlic horseradish mayo on top bun and enjoy!.
Traditionally, Philly Cheese Steak is made using thinly sliced ribeye steak, but it can also be made with various other cuts of beef including skirt steak, sirloin, and even top round. A basic Philly Cheesesteak is simply thinly sliced cooked beef topped with cheese and served on a hoagie roll. I first had Philly cheese steak when we visited my Aunt and her family in Philadelphia and were introduced to this favorite (along with water ice and fresh pretzels). I baked the flavors of a Philly cheese steak into a bell pepper shell, which intensifies the flavor and provides a more nutritious shell. Options: * Spread spicy mustard on the rolls before building the sandwiches * Mix horseradish with mayo and spread it on the rolls before building the * Add prepared horseradish to the cheese sauce.