Outer leaf of Lettuce & Bacon with Beaten Egg. Planting lettuce, growing lettuce, and harvesting lettuce in the garden. Tips and advice from The Old Farmer's Almanac. Lettuce is one of our favorite garden vegetables because it is far superior—in both taste and vitamin A content—to the store-bought alternative!
Converting the leaf outer measure into other weight and volume amounts of LETTUCE,GRN LEAF,RAW item values. Leaf lettuce is characterized by leaves grown from the stem, rather than in tightly packed heads. The lettuce is most commonly found as red leaf, green leaf and oak leaf varieties. You can have Outer leaf of Lettuce & Bacon with Beaten Egg using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Outer leaf of Lettuce & Bacon with Beaten Egg
- You need 4-6 sheets of Outer leaf of Lettuce.
- You need 2 sheets of Bacon.
- You need 2 pcs of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- You need as needed of Salt.
- You need as needed of Pepper.
Cut off the root and tips of the lettuce. This is where the rest of the bitter flavor lies. Loose leaf lettuce varieties provide a continuous harvest. The plant can be grown in a wide range of soils as long as it is fertile and moisture retaining due to the small root system of the plant.
Outer leaf of Lettuce & Bacon with Beaten Egg instructions
- Wash the outer leaf of lettuce well. Tear to a desired size with your hands. Cut the bacon into 2cm strip..
- Put the Lettuce and bacon in a frying pan and stir fry. Add the Salt and Pepper as needed. Add the mayonnaise in the pan and stir fry..
- Put and stir in the beaten egg quickly. Done..
Not only are the outer leaves of a head of lettuce are edible, they are also good for you. In fact, research suggests that the outer leaves contain more antioxidants than the inner leaves because they get to absorb more sunlight. For the very same reason, "loose" or "open leaf" lettuce varieties, such. I'm referring to Green Leaf and Romaine. I would think you could get more servings froma head if it were chopped and mixed w/ other salad ingredients.