Chicken salad. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. Try StarKist® Delicious Salad Recipes From Our Classics To Our Favorites! Learn About Our Products, Flavors And Recipes Today.
These cool, creamy chicken salads are our top reviewer picks! Step up your salad game with Chef John's cool and spicy chicken salad. Everyone likes chicken salad different ways: ground up and fine, large and chunky, chock full of onions, nuts, and any number of other ingredients. You can cook Chicken salad using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken salad
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped or slivered nuts (I used almonds).
- You need 2 cups of roast chicken, shredded and skin removed.
- Prepare 2 of celery ribs, finely chopped.
- It’s 8 of cornichons, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of shallot, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of creamed horseradish.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh tarragon, chopped.
Because of the innumerable combinations of chicken salad, I won't even consider claiming that this recipe is "the best" or "the greatest." Chicken Salad is way too subjective for that. An all-girls slumber party warrants Ree's Summer Chicken Salad for dinner. Add fried chicken to this sandwich for a hearty, light lunch. With chicken salad, the simplest recipes are the best.
Chicken salad step by step
- Add the nuts to a small pan on medium-low heat. Let them warm through for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper and a good pinch of salt. Stir to combine. Add additional salt and pepper to taste..
Don't use FF mayo, use light if you absolutely must. Hellman's or Duke's mayo yields the best results. I love Miracle Whip but not in chicken salad. With its delicious mix of crunchy peanuts, tangy dried cranberries and mandarin oranges, this colorful Asian chicken salad is a definite crowd-pleaser. Water chestnuts and a teriyaki dressing give this main dish its Asian flare. —Carolee Ewell, Santaquin, Utah.