Baked blooming onion and dipping sauce. Baked Blooming Onion with Spicy Dipping Sauce is an easy recipe that's good for you. This Gluten Free Healthy Blooming Onion uses almond flour and the spicy dipping sauce includes Greek yogurt, hot sauce and and chili powder for a kick! Bloomin' Onion Dipping Sauce Bloomin' Onion Dipping Sauce.
While not everyone has a jar of horseradish hanging out in the back of the fridge, it would undoubtedly be a big mistake to leave it out of this recipe to save a trip to the store. I'm big on appetizers and I'm huge on dipping sauces, so it's no surprise that I fell head over heels in love with that bloomin' onion dipping sauce. It has a nice kick and is a perfect vehicle for shoveling in piece after piece of battered, fried onion. You can have Baked blooming onion and dipping sauce using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked blooming onion and dipping sauce
- You need of For the onion:.
- It’s 1 of Large yellow onion.
- It’s 3 of Large eggs.
- It’s 1/4 C. of Water.
- You need 1 C. of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 Tsp. of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of Kosher salt.
- It’s of For the dipping sauce:.
- It’s 2/3 C. of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of Ketchup.
- You need 1 tsp. of Horseradish.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of Paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 of to. dried oregano.
- You need to taste of Kosher salt.
Snagged this recipe from a copycat cookbook I saw at BJ's. I had to keep repeating it in my head over and over again on the way home. Well worth the mental effort, though. Not only is it good for the onions, but it makes a great sandwich spread, especially on turkey breast.
Baked blooming onion and dipping sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F..
- Cut off pointy end of onion, peel. Turn onion cut side down. Cut 1/2" from the root down into 12-16 sections making sure not to cut through root. Flip over and gently pull sections of onion out to separate petals..
- I medium bowl mix eggs with water. Dip onion into egg wash using spoon to cover completely..
- In another bowl mix bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Cover onion with breadcrumb mixture using spoon if needed to cover..
- Bake onion until golden and tender. About 18-20 min..
- In small bowl make mix all dipping sauce ingredients and combine well..
The very first time I had a bloomin' onion from Outback, I fell in love with it, and I especially loved the dipping sauce. I have been looking for a bloomin' onion recipe for years, then I finally hit the jackpot when I found this excellent recipe by Smokin' & Grillin' Wit AB on Youtube. Dip onion into egg wash, then dredge in bread crumb mixture, using a spoon to fully coat. Home / Recipes / Sauces / Better than Bloomin' Onion Ring Dipping Sauce Recipe. Better than Bloomin' Onion Ring Dipping Sauce Recipe.