2015 vinegar hot pepper sauce. Fill jar with peppers and pour hot vinegar mixture over the peppers. Whisk together apple cider vinegar and kosher salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; immediately pour vinegar mixture over chiles.
We made at least a dozen jars in the summer, and if we happened to run out before the next summer's pepper crop, we would just add more hot vinegar to an old bottle of peppers to reuse them. Variety of hot peppers, cayenne, chili, etc White Vinegar. If you are desiring less heat in your vinegar sauce, than leave peppers intact. You can have 2015 vinegar hot pepper sauce using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 2015 vinegar hot pepper sauce
- You need 6 cup of thai bird peppers/ grove pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 pints of distilled white vinegar.
- You need 1 gallon of ziplock bag.
- It’s 1 of hammer or something to crush the pepper with.
- Prepare 1 large of salad dressing bottle sterilized.
Using a chopstick, gently push each pepper into the container, making sure each pepper will fit through the neck of the container and layering them in a pretty pattern.. You can use a bottle of Trappeys hot chili pepper sauce to get it all started. These tiny bottles of Peppers and Vinegar are a must-have for any southern cooks to serve with greens like collards. Make sure bottles are stuffed full of peppers and filled with vinegar. – Hot pepper sauce is great on pinto beans, greans, in soups, or to add a touch of heat to about any food, tableside.
2015 vinegar hot pepper sauce step by step
- Heat your vinegar.
- Pick or buy your peppers put in gallon ziplock bag don't seal it take your hammer on smooth side.
- Beat gently your peppers gently crushing them.
- Zip most of the bag closed stick open end of dressing bottle and pour not letting it out the side but into the bottle careful these peppers are extremely hot if you get on your hand DONT touch your face especially nose and eyes.
- After all the peppers are in bottle pour hot vinegar into bottle over the peppers put restricter on the bottle top then your cap shake well let sit over night best for a week. Hope you enjoy.
Back in eastern North Carolina where I was raised, our pepper vinegar was made with cayenne peppers and apple cider vinegar. Here is Alabama it is usually made with tabasco peppers and white vinegar. I still prefer the apple cider vinegar, but if you prefer a much milder vinegar, use the white vinegar. How to Make Vinegar Pepper Sauce to Put on Turnip Greens. Part of the series: Summer Eating.