Hot Red Pepper Jelly. We Only Use The Freshest, Crunchiest, And Finest Pecans Around. Also, cut the peppers by hand, not in a food process or chopper. Those methods create more liquid and the jelly may not set.
I make it for everyone and every occasion. I have even made some and tinted purple for Dreamgoddess' daughters wedding. It is very easy and can be made as hot or as mild as you want. You can have Hot Red Pepper Jelly using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot Red Pepper Jelly
- You need 5 of sweet red peppers.
- You need 5 of hot red habaner peppers.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- It’s 7 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 of pouches certo.
I just throw the peppers in the blender in large chunks. Editor's Note: When cutting hot peppers, disposable gloves are recommended. Editor's Note Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. AuthorPepperHead CategoryJelly Difficulty Intermediate.. skim the foam again.
Hot Red Pepper Jelly step by step
- Wash jars and keep hot and put lids in a pan and bring to a boil and keep hot..
- Puree sweet and hot peppers and vinegar in blender..
- In large sauepan add peppers, vinegar, and sugar and bring to a rolling boil for 10 minutes..
- Add 2 pouches of certo ans bring to a boil for 3 minutes..
- Pour into jars and screw on tops..
Pour into hot sterilized jelly jars. One of my personal favorites is sweet ham and Brie cheese on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls with a big spoonful of Hot Pepper Jelly on top. Warm the rolls, ham and cheese quickly in the microwave, then top with jelly. My husband and I love red pepper jelly and seek it out at farmers markets, specialty stores, etc. But, really good red pepper jelly is hard to find.