Burnin' Hot Pepper Pie. Heat oil in a large saute pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions for a few minutes or until translucent, then throw in the peppers, garlic, salt, italian seasoning and optional cayenne. Remove veggies from the pan with a slotted spoon, leaving behind as much oil as possible.
Please send recipe for pepper steak pie. In order to soothe the burn of a hot pepper, it helps to understand why it feels hot. The sensation of heat comes from capsaicin, the active compound in hot peppers, binding to the sensory receptors in your mouth or skin that detect heat. You can have Burnin' Hot Pepper Pie using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Burnin' Hot Pepper Pie
- It’s 1 of acorn squash.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped fresh mushrooms.
- You need 1 cup of shredded monterey jack/ mild cheddar cheese mix.
- Prepare 2 medium of fresh, sliced jalapenos ( discard seeds to lessen heat).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of softened butter.
- It’s 1 of garlic powder to taste.
- It’s 1 of onion powder to taste.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Isopropyl alcohol is a solvent, meaning it is a dissolver of dirt and OIL. What I do is douse my hands with rubbing alcohol, then wash them with dish soap. The Big List of Hot Peppers includes Scoville rating, detailed description, and photos of each pepper. Click on each pepper for even more info.
Burnin' Hot Pepper Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Wash squash & pat dry. Cut in half and place flat sides down in a shallow dish filled with one inch of water. Add 1/4 tbsp butter and a couple shakes of salt to water. Bake 30-40 min..
- Remove squash and cool long enough to be able to handle it with a potholder…about 5 min. Scrape squash into a bowl and mash with 1/2 tbsp butter. ( I use an immersion blender)..
- Spray a medium dish with cooking spray and spoon squash into bowl, smoothing from side to side. Cover with garlic powder and onion powder to taste ( not too much!).
- Sprinkle mushrooms on top. Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese on top. Cover with a layer of jalapenos. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Add a little more onion powder, salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot all over with softened butter. Bake 30-40 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving..
- 6-8 servings.
Search for countries, types, and key terms by typing into the Search field. See all peppers again by hitting the Reset button. This restaurant serves cinnamon sticks, tuscani meaty marinara, breadsticks, honey bbq, buffalo burnin' hot, meaty p'zone pizza, and lemon pepper. This restaurant serves family bucket, greek, zucchini parmigiana, stromboli, chicken caesar salad, hot pepper rolls, and pasta with meatballs. They also serve manicotti, ham and cheese, pasta only, fries, fried mushrooms, soup di giorno, and lamb.