Hot Pepper Jelly. Large Selection Of The Best Selling Hot Sauces For Your Store Or Business. Wholesale Hot Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Wings Sauce, Seasonings & Rubs. We enjoy this fiery pepper spread on crackers with cream cheese.
I make it for everyone and every occasion. I have even made some and tinted purple for Dreamgoddess' daughters wedding. It is very easy and can be made as hot or as mild as you want. You can have Hot Pepper Jelly using 9 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hot Pepper Jelly
- It’s 1 of Jalapeno Pepper.
- It’s 4 cup of Green Pepper.
- It’s 4 cup of Apples.
- It’s 5 cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 cup of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 5 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Sure Jell Fruit Pectin.
- Prepare 1 of (optional) drop of food coloring.
I just throw the peppers in the blender in large chunks. This hot pepper jelly is great on everything. Typically served with meats or on a cracker with cream cheese. It's great on a hot homemade baking powder biscuits with cream cheese, Pepper jelly makes a spicy-sweet match for soft cheeses, such as goat or Camembert (or even cream cheese) — especially when served atop crackers or crostini.
Hot Pepper Jelly instructions
- Core and dice 4 cups of green peppers, you can leave seeds in if you want..
- Put one half of the g. Peppers in a large pot and set the other half aside in a bowl..
- With gloves dice large Jalepeno pepper, you may add seeds, place half in the bowl and half in the pot.
- Chop apples into small pieces, no need to peel, or core. Add these to the pot..
- Add 5 cups of water to the pot..
- Bring water, apples and peppers to a boil and continue to boil until the apples and peppers are mushy,.
- While they are boiling, take pepper in the bowl and either chop them very fine or if you have it mince them up in a food processor..
- Add two cups of vinegar and the salt to the peppers in the bowl..
- When the apples and peppers in the pot are mushy strain through a cheese cloth or fine mesh strainer. You need to have 4 cups of juice. If you don't add water or apple juice to make 4 cups..
- Put the 4 cups of liquid in the pot. Add the 5 cups of sugar stirring to desolve it all..
- Add peppers vinegar and salt..
- Add sure jell and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a full rolling boil for 2 minutes. Stirring constantly. At this point you can add one drop of blue, green or Red food coloring if you would like.
- Remove from heat. Ladle into warmed jars..
- Process in hot water canner at a boil fo 5 minutes for 1/2 pints or 10 minutes for pints. Makes 3 pints total. If you choose not to can you must store in refrigerator. ..If you do a water bath 🛀 make sure to add about a fourth Cup of vinegar to the water. It will reduce hard water deposits on the jars.
- Do NOT double… it just won't turn out. If for some reason your jelly isn't as thick as you want have some instant pectin on hand ✋ its a lifesaver, you just add a bit and poof your jelly is thick as you want..
You can also use the jelly as a glaze for chicken or pork: Melt it, then brush it on the meat before roasting or after grilling. Cooking Tip: Scoop one ladle of pepper jelly in each jar to evenly distribute peppers before completely filling each jar. The peppers rise to the top. If you do not evenly distribute them, you will have no peppers left for the last jars. This easy small batch refrigerator recipe makes use of both sweet and hot peppers for a colorful, confetti-like look and an intense spicy kick.