Hungarian Lecsó with rice and hot-dog. Hungarian lecso (lecsó) is a typical Hungarian dish that consists of tomatoes, peppers, and onions. How lecso turns out can differ, depending on the type of pepper used. Some swear by the bitingly hot bogyiszlói (banana chili), others prefer the sweet, mild varieties.
I loved the flavors in this recipe and thought it was different and delicious but next time I'll definitely stay away from the hot paprika! Hungarian lecso is a vegetable dish of stewed tomatoes, peppers, and onions. It can be served as a side dish, an appetizer or the main meal itself. You can cook Hungarian Lecsó with rice and hot-dog using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hungarian Lecsó with rice and hot-dog
- You need 2 of onions.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil for frying.
- Prepare 1 of hot dog.
- You need 100 g of rice.
- You need 6 of yellow peppers.
- Prepare 1 of tomatoe.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 3 tsp of hungarian sweet paprika.
Many cooks preserve lecso by processing it in a hot water bath to be used in the winter months. It's similar to Serbian djuvece, Russian letcho, and French. Lecsó- Hungarian Pepper-Tomato Stew is a dish very similar to the Italian peperonata. The star of the recipe is the red sweet pepper.
Hungarian Lecsó with rice and hot-dog step by step
- Cut the peeled onion into small squares and start to fry it on the oil, add pinch of salt. When the onion becomes transparent, add the hungarian sweet paprika, stir well and add 3 cups of water..
- Cut the yellow peppers and tomatoe into slices and add it the onion. Add more salt if needed. Cook covered until veggies are soft, add more water if needed..
- In the meantime, cook the rice according to packaging, also cook the hot-dog according to packaging (if using)..
- Mix the rice with the ready Lecsó and serve it with the hot dog. Yummy!!!.
Paprika is available in three strengths: sweet, semisweet and hot. If you are familiar with Hungarian paprika, you already know which strength you like. Lecsó is a Hungarian thick vegetable There is a large variety of lecsós, the base of all being a mixture of tomatoes and peppers (both sweet and hot), onions Lecsó may be made with potatoes, cooked rice or egg barley (called tarhonya). Wash the rice well and add with the water. All reviews deer goulash dumplings gulasch veal ragu hungarian goulash potatoes rice soup steak self service restaurant.