Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions. You'll love the quality taste of Johnsonville Sausages with your next meal. Don't Forget To Try All Of Our Mouth watering Recipes! Place the sausages in an even layer over the pepper mixture.
D., is a registered dietitian and millennial mom, blogging about healthy recipes, child and mom nutrition, and motherhood. Combine crushed tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes and olive oil in the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir in onion, bell peppers and Italian sausage. You can cook Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions
- It’s 1 of large pack hot or sweet Italian sausages.
- It’s 2 of green peppers, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of onions, sliced.
- You need 15 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of fennel seeds.
- You need 1-24 ounce of bottle of your favorite pasta sauce.
- Prepare Dash of black pepper.
Add the Italian sausage links and cook, turning frequently, until well browned. Add the sausage to the crock pot and add the remaining ingredients. Serve the sausages with peppers and some of the sauce on hoagie rolls. Place the sweet and hot sausages, green and red peppers, onion, and pasta sauce in a slow cooker.
Crockpot Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions instructions
- Boil your sausages in a large pot for 45 minutes……
- Drain water from sausages…..I let mine get a little bit browned in the pan after draining the water……
- Add to crockpot : drained sausages, green peppers, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds and pasta sauce, stir until sausages are fully coated……
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours… Stirring occasionally…….
- Serve on hot dog buns or hoagie rolls and enjoy 😉!!!.
I have an everyday Italian recipe for you today! Easy Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers. This was my first time cooking sausages in the slow cooker, and oh my, have I been missing out. The low, slow cooking method makes the sausages fall-apart tender and thickens the sauce as if it had been simmering away on your stove all day. The addition of onions and peppers makes this recipe a dynamo all-in.